azpackhorse

Couple of Dec. bucks for good friends

I had the privilege of helping with my buddy's family hunt this past weekend. There were four generations of his family hunting together, Scott, Mathew (Scott's son) Matt (Scott's father) and Ray (Scott's grandfather). What a great family to hunt with and just plain be around, I consider them as part of my extended family. Scott's grandfather is 83 years old and truly a living peice of Arizona history, they just don't make them like this old cowboy anymore!

I am going to post the photos and have Scott (SA AZ BOWHUNTER on the forum) tell the story.

Here is granddad's setup for his shot, notice the model 99E Savage 30-30!

P1020136.jpg

End result of the 30-30!!

P1020139.jpg

Four generations sharing what this family loves to do!

P1020143.jpg

Matt's awesome Coues!! (which I just so happened to glass up for him!!)

P1020156.jpg

P1020160.jpg

Photo of father/son with their Coues!

P1020166.jpg

Thank you so much for letting me share your hunt!

Your buddy,

Brian

I only know Scott, but Brian is right, they are good people.

Personally, I think the 4 generations picture should win best photo for the contest, but thats just me!

Congrats guys! Scott, since my tag is filled, if you need a extra set of eyes, let me know! Send me a PM or get my # from Brian.

AWESOME. For any of you lion runners on here that used to know Ed Brown......it's true......they just don't make them like they used too. Congrats and thanks for sharing!!!

Nothing like sitting around a camp fire with these guys and listening to their stories from 60 or 70 years ago. Ray used to cowboy for a ranch by Arivaca and has rode horseback all over that southern country. They used to hunt the Kaibab and make the trip in a model T!! Like I said, he is truly a walking peice of Arizona history and I feel extremely privileged to call Ray a friend and had the opportunty to help him take a nice Coues buck!

4 generations hunting together? That's unbelievable. Awesome, Awesome story. Congrats on some great bucks guys.

Personally, I think the 4 generations picture should win best photo for the contest, but thats just me!

I agree 100%. How many people have a photo like that???

Awesome bucks and great pictures. Thanks for posting them for us Brian.

Phil

Man that first picture is priceless and one of the best I've seen on the forum in a while. That is a sweet deal seeing those guys partaking in a hunt like that. Awesome.

I would agree.

Nice job, Brian! Congrats to the family!

Thanks for the comments. I'll try and keep the story short.

My grandfather has hunted all over Arizona for about 70 years. He still has the desire he had when he was a young man. I can only hope that I to can hunt when I'm in my 80's. He had told me that he didn't think he could hunt Coues deer anymore. His eyesight had gotten really bad and he just couldn't get around like he used to. I convinced him to give it another try. When we found out we were drawn for a late hunt he got really excited. Him and my dad spent alot of time getting his rifle ready for the hunt. He decided he wanted to shoot his 30-30. He grew up shooting left handed but when he had to get a pace maker he had to learn how to shot right handed. It was tough but he mastered it. I watched him shoot a 6 point bull elk on the run at 300 yards 5 years ago. Him and my dad came down from Vernon the day before the hunt. We loaded up the 5th wheel and headed to our camp spot. Opening morning we were set up on a hill top glassing when my dad spotted a small buck and some does. We were watching them and I turned to glass the ridge we were on and spotted a buck laying underneath a oak tree. We got my grandfather on his chair and his rest that I made for him, I ranged him at 200 yards. He found the buck in the scope and said I can do this. 1 shot and it was all over. You would have thought it was his first buck, I have watched him shoot lot's of animals but he was never got this excited. After lot's of hugs between the 4 generations we made our way down to the buck. The emotions were running very high. I have never been on a more rewarding hunt as this. To have my son watch his great grandfather take that deer made it even more special.

That is what it is all about, right there!!!! Congrats to all!!! That is not only a story worth telling over and over again..... it is a memory that will last a lifetime! Congrats, again.

CnS

INDEED! Memories for a lifetime and a lifetime in the makeing! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Lance