Sign in to follow this  
core2

Strategy for the upcoming shed season

Ive always watched for sheds but never intentionally hunted them hard until last year. I found 20+ sheds last year, the best Ive ever done in a year.

Im pretty excited to get out this year and I set up some cameras in December hoping it could help. Has anyone benefitted from using cameras for sheds?

I know they arent going to drop in front of my cameras but I figured it could give me an idea of how many antlers I should be looking for in a certain area and maybe even when they dropped if the bulls are showing up on camera often enough.

Either way i am excited to check to check some winter pictures. Ive never left any cameras out December-March.

Ive had this same thought before but havent tried it yet. Seems like it would give you a great idea of how many bulls are in that area and when the majority of them dropped.

Ive always watched for sheds but never intentionally hunted them hard until last year. I found 20+ sheds last year, the best Ive ever done in a year.

Im pretty excited to get out this year and I set up some cameras in December hoping it could help. Has anyone benefitted from using cameras for sheds?

I know they arent going to drop in front of my cameras but I figured it could give me an idea of how many antlers I should be looking for in a certain area and maybe even when they dropped if the bulls are showing up on camera often enough.

Either way i am excited to check to check some winter pictures. Ive never left any cameras out December-March.

Ive had this same thought before but havent tried it yet. Seems like it would give you a great idea of how many bulls are in that area and when the majority of them dropped.

Thats what Im hoping for. Im heading up this weekend and I dont know if its too early to start looking or not. Its probably a 7 mile hike one way to get to one camera right now with the roads closed. Cant decide if I should make the hike or just go glass. I Dont feel like hiking it if I dont have a chance for some sheds.