Sign in to follow this  
COA

Looking outside of Hoyt and Mathews for a target bow

Elite, prime bow tech.

How do hear bows stack up against the Hoyt Mathews (they are all I know)

Any input appreciated.

They all are solid bows. Really comes down to personal preference. If your preference isn't Mathews or Bowtech you are getting left behind tho. haha Shoot to kill em not to hoyt em. In all seriousness, I just shot the flagship bows from Mathews, Bowtech and Hoyt. I rank them: 1. Bowtech Realm 2. Mathews Triax and 3rd Hoyt RX1. Just my preference, your's may be different.

In spite of what the marketing material would have you believe, compound bows are actually very simple mechanical devices and they (the industry in general) literally have it down to a science. You could buy a $300 bear bow from cabelas or a $1600 carbon flagship bow from (Insert whatever brand name you like here), and both can be set up and tuned to where if shot from a shooting machine they would split arrow after arrow after arrow. In my opinion it all comes down to what feels best and what you are most comfortable with. For whatever it’s worth, Ive owned dozens of compound bows over the last 25 years and am currently still shooting a diamond bow I bought on sale at cabelas in 2009. I’ve bought other bows since, from Hoyt and Mathews, they did t suit me as well so I got rid of them and keep going back to old faithful.

Don’t discount some of the newer brands that aren’t as trendy. Xpedition archery and new breed archery both make very good bows although they aren’t that popular locally.

I just bought a bowtech reign 7 and I am still leaning towards my 2011 pse bow madness. Maybe i just got to get used to a new bow

Xpedition... the best shooting bow I've ever owned. Ed F

http://xpeditionarchery.com

I’ve been toying with the idea of their xception. Love the single cam bows and it’s light and fast on top of it. I’m just scared to spend another $1000 on a new bow after the last two. Maybe I’ll find a used on on archery talk

Is there a local dealer for them? Seems like I was looking for one a couple years ago but couldn’t find one in state. I may be thinking of a different brand though...