Sign in to follow this  
300RUM

Degraded shooter ability

I generally do fairly well as a rifle shooter. When I do my part and stay in practice I can expect 0.5 MOA or better. On Monday I found out my ability as a rifle shooter was about to deteriorate. I got a archery bull tag. When I open the safe to grab something to go practice shooting it is going to be the bow. Having said that I just got done putting in my application for general antelope in NM. Doesn't it just seem like a vicious circle at times trying to maintain a fairly high level of skill with multiple weapon choices?

• Like 6

Great problem to have! I am sure you will find a way to cope. 😁

• Like 5

I think you have a valid point. I quit archery for that reason. I don't think you be very successful with archery when you just dabble once in a while. These day's work and personal commitments keep me from being as proficient as I would like with a rifle so definitely can't see me with a bow again unless I hit the lotto and don't have to work any more. Good luck on your hunts.

• Like 1

Great problem to have! I am sure you will find a way to cope.

^^^^^^^^ I agree with this!

Great problem to have! I am sure you will find a way to cope.

It is definitely a problem I would like to have every year. One of these years I might get both the elk tag and a goat tag. With AZ antelope just ahead of September archery elk and NM antelope just after it could cause an almost unbearable amount of stress trying to decide whether to practice with the bow or rifle. The key word is almost.