cjl2010

WTB Swarovski 12x50 EL

Haha I still have to find myself a pair. Seems like there was a time guys were fire selling them.

Ill keep you in mind, I generally seek my sh!t as soon as I get comfortable with it haha

Im going to make up an Add and post my 12s tomorrow !

Only used them two times

Hey Cliff- I have both 12 HD’s and 15 HD’s if you want to set them up and look through them. Not sure where you are located but you are welcome to do so.

Mark

Day 4 without my 15s. Sellers remorse is slowly creeping up on me. Am I going to be fine glassing for coues with 12s instead of 15s?

Absolutely.

12s and a good spotter is THE way to go.

I'm also running 12x50 ELs with a Vortex Razor 85 spotter. Great setup, I've never needed more for anything.

• Like 1

Mark thank you for the offer. I actually just sold my HD 15s because I spent a little time looking through a buddies 12s! Thats what got me into this mess haha.

• Like 1

Day 4 without my 15s. Sellers remorse is slowly creeping up on me. Am I going to be fine glassing for coues with 12s instead of 15s?

Absolutely.

I'm also running 12x50 ELs with a Vortex Razor 85 spotter. Great setup, I've never needed more for anything.

Right now I carry el range 10s on my chest with swaro 65 spotter and 15s. My plan is to carry 12s on chest and tripod and have my spotter. Seems simple enough. I think there will be times glassing for coues Im going to kick myself in the a$$ for getting rid of the 15s.

Absolutely.

Right now I carry el range 10s on my chest with swaro 65 spotter and 15s. My plan is to carry 12s on chest and tripod and have my spotter. Seems simple enough. I think there will be times glassing for coues Im going to kick myself in the a$$ for getting rid of the 15s.

I don't think so. With the extra clarity of the ELs, you will still find anything you would have found with the 15s. The spotter is there to get a better look at those animals you find way out.

Mark thank you for the offer. I actually just sold my HD 15s because I spent a little time looking through a buddies 12s! Thats what got me into this mess haha.

LOL, I have several buddies who have made the expensive mistake of looking through my 12 ELs. DON"T DO IT if you are happy with what you have and aren't willing to start saving to drop some serious cash.

• Like 1

I always thought the glass was a little better in my el range 10x42 than my 15hd but I just felt like 10 power was lacking a little when picking apart those deep canyons. Then I looked through the 12s and they were pretty impressive

I always thought the glass was a little better in my el range 10x42 than my 15hd but I just felt like 10 power was lacking a little when picking apart those deep canyons. Then I looked through the 12s and they were pretty impressive

Biggest thing I prefer about the 12s is the field of view.

I use 12s and a Leica Televid APO 77 spotter. (The old, silver model.)

I asked a Swaro rep at a trade show why the don't do EL glass in 15s. Can't remember the reason, but was told to not expect to see it anytime soon. Shame, those would be awesome!

I asked a Swaro rep at a trade show why the don't do EL glass in 15s. Can't remember the reason, but was told to not expect to see it anytime soon. Shame, those would be awesome!

I think maybe Matt cashell wrote something about 12 power was the most they could get out of that prism?