Sign in to follow this  
GRAYLIGHT

Dec. 31st Success

I am either lucky or.......... lucky! Ended up getting this guy an hour before last light on Dec. 31st. We hunted hard and actually blew a couple good stalks on a good 4 point when the doe's busted me. I had a blast. He is 25 1/4" wide with 4 1/2" bases. I shot him quartering away at 90 yards. Entered behind the left shoulder and stopped behind his right shoulder. He went 20 yards and took his final nap.

P.s. Brian, Scott and Tommy... You guy's were great company! I look forward to hunting with you guy's again soon! Hopefully the coues cooperate next time :rolleyes: Oh and I gotta get some of those 15X with a tripod... Boy you guy's know how to glass!

post-1802-1199556835.jpg

Congrats on a nice buck. One of these days I will go out and find a nice muley like that, but a 100 inch coues will be on the list until then.

Holy cow man, I can barely see through my peep at 70 yards let alone 90 and actually hit what im aiming at! Nicely done!

What broad head stabilized that well at that distance?

I'm using CX hunter 300's with Sullivan Stainless extreme 100 grains. Seems pretty consistent and I like the set up. There's always an element of luck in any hunt, loks like the stars were aligned! ;)

post-1802-1199577195.jpg

Congrats Marlon, they are getting bigger and bigger. Way to take it down to the wire, that's two bucks on Dec 31st! Congrats. Ed F

Congrats on the nicest buck I've seen in a long time. I just love those chocolate horns. Looks like he might have been in the creosote brush country. Beautiful!

TJ