Sign in to follow this  
Goldfinger78

My 1st Turkey

I liked how you said I left the blind so I could explore. The truth is I left the blind, because sitting in a blind is the most boring thing in the world! I'm very proud of you for sitting in the blind for over 8 hours every day. Your patience and dedication is the only reason you were successful on this hunt. Congrats again!

Figured it was better than saying you couldn't sit still after 30 minutes.

• Like 2

Congrats on the bird and thanks for the story. Always good to hear experiences of other hunters. What unit were you in. I've been reading lately a few different threads that say the turkeys aren't talking that much yet. Heading up to unit 1 tomorrow with a friend who has a tag.

• Like 2

We were in 1 and they were definitely not talking much. The wind was so bad we would not have been able to hear them much anyway. Good luck up there heard they got some snow today too.

We were in 1 and they were definitely not talking much. The wind was so bad we would not have been able to hear them much anyway. Good luck up there heard they got some snow today too.

Ive hunted turkeys in one the better part of 20

Years and this was the worst opening weekend Ive ever encountered Birds were gobbling just to gobble. Zero interest in responding to calls. Im hoping it picks up the next few weeks so I can go back up and try and fill my tag.

• Like 1

Congrats on your 1st of what will surely be many!

• Like 1