G_E_E

Picked up a surrendered tagđź‘Ť

Maybe a dumb question...when you pick up a surrendered tag like that do you lose your points or do they treat it like a leftover?

I believe you lose your points.
That would make sense, just wasn’t sure.

Oh yeah to the original question...my buddy had 7E early archery last year and said it was the hardest elk hunt he’s ever had. Trouble finding elk, much less bulls.

Maybe a dumb question...when you pick up a surrendered tag like that do you lose your points or do they treat it like a leftover?

I believe you lose your points.
That would make sense, just wasnt sure.

Oh yeah to the original question...my buddy had 7E early archery last year and said it was the hardest elk hunt hes ever had. Trouble finding elk, much less bulls.

Yes you do loose points. I'm preparing myself mentally and physically for a arduous hunt. However it goes I'm gonna have a good time.

• Like 3

Well here is a 7E rundown. "most" of the elk will start the hunt up on the big hill. "most" of the elk will leave the big hill after about 3-6 days and heavily migrate north.

Personally, I would start towards the north and head south until I found elk. The other weird part with this unit. If you find tracks and they are fresh...........don't think they will be back. They might be or they might not be coming back. The elk can really migrate during this hunt and you need to get in front of them.

That being said. I killed a bull up on the hill (9200 feet) one year on the 8th day of the season. I was the only guy to see a bull that year. All my buddies were up north in the flats and they didn't migrate because it was so dry. I was also very unpopular when I came back to camp and said "let's go get my elk". I almost got shot that night.

I would shoot first available but you could see or shoot a really good bull too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info recurveman, do you have a picture of your bull? How long ago was your hunt?

post-12045-0-61103300-1534310319_thumb.jpg

Founds some cows on my scouting trip, so I at least know of an area where to start come September 14. So many roads here it's hard to get away from one without getting closer to another.