Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Lower Black River

Lower Black River

I usually go earlier in the summer. Have not been up this year, but am thinking of a trip in the next week or two. How is it typically in August. Of course I assume there is a risk of muddy water (and fluctuating levels) based on White Mountain t-storms this time of year.

Has anyone been up there recently? Reports??

Thanks!

S.

:)

I went last year in July and swore off ever going during the monsoon again. The roads were a mess and the water was high and muddy. I also worried the whole time that a storm was gonna come in and flash flood the river and make the roads worse than they already were.

Fishing was not great either compared to the month before.

I didnt get to go this summer because of the closure before the monsoon. Im planning a trip once the monsoon winds down a little more.

• Like 2

Thanks much! Great info and perspective in flash flood watch. Hadn't even considered the road conditions.

Appreciate it!

S.

I like to go in October when the rains have died down and it’s cooler then too!

• Like 1

Hey in October are there smallmouth there. I thought they migrated down river that time of year according to they guys that man the pump station by point of pines? Ive been fishing at ten of diamonds late in the year and the smallies are gone.