Sign in to follow this  
cjw2222

Anybody Seen The New World Record Elk???

So ive got it in emails and now reading about it on different forums.

My question is does anyone have any more info on this 540" palmated monster? I have heard it was taken on a high fenced ranch in CO and he paid 127,000 to hunt the bull. if anybody has yet to see it and wants to i have 3 pictures i could potentially email you if you PM me...

In no way am i trying to start an argument on the ethics of high fenced hunting mainly because i feel its ridiculous. but that does not negate that fact that this bull has me very interested.

So ive got it in emails and now reading about it on different forums.

My question is does anyone have any more info on this 540" palmated monster? I have heard it was taken on a high fenced ranch in CO and he paid 127,000 to hunt the bull. if anybody has yet to see it and wants to i have 3 pictures i could potentially email you if you PM me...

In no way am i trying to start an argument on the ethics of high fenced hunting mainly because i feel its ridiculous. but that does not negate that fact that this bull has me very interested.

High Fenced means not Fair Chase...... therefore Not a World Record and should not be refered ot as a World Record! ;)

Sent out all the emails

And i ran a diagnostic check on the pics and turns out they were taken, from my figuring, on August 23 of 2006 so they probably are. guess im just a little slow...

Sent out all the emails

And i ran a diagnostic check on the pics and turns out they were taken, from my figuring, on August 23 of 2006 so they probably are. guess im just a little slow...

:lol: Yeah i saw those pics a while back. I never did hear a score, although i was told Colorado as well. Definitely a ranch/high fence bull - for whatever reason they always seem to have pale antlers and rarely rub all their velvet off. Thanks for the pics though ;)

Sent out all the emails

:lol: Yeah i saw those pics a while back. I never did hear a score, although i was told Colorado as well. Definitely a ranch/high fence bull - for whatever reason they always seem to have pale antlers and rarely rub all their velvet off. Thanks for the pics though ;)

Ya i remember hearing it has something to do with the hormones or steroids they are fed. the outer portions of the antlers turn almost a chalk white and pretty much die early and the inner portions never full rub off the velvet. pretty disgusting how much they can alter the genetics of these animals.

doesn't sci recognize high fence stuff? on another note, did anyone see the elk auction on the RFD channel this weekend. that was fun to watch. a lot of 400+ bulls went for 5-7k. one 470+ typical 8x10 went for 22k. some nice roosevelts went for $600. it was funny to hear the auctioneers talk about how you could wait till next year to shoot one and they'd really be big. Lark.

I've seen the pictures many times and if that thing goes anywhere near 500" I'll give you a pile of antlers.

Tony, it's not the one from Canada, it's from CO. Two different bulls.

Regardless of how it was harvested, ethical/unethical, fenced in/tied to a tree, that is truly an amazing bull.