Sign in to follow this  
Coues Sniper

Foxpro on the way

Well, i did it. I broke down and ordered a Foxpro today, should be in my hands on Monday. I've been working a crapload of hours lately (probably 80 this week) and figured "why not? I deserve it right?" I'm still having it delivered to the office so the fiance doesn't find out - just to be safe :lol:. Thanks to all you guys for the great information. And hope this is OK, but i really want to give the guys at allpredatorcalls.com a plug. Those guys are awesome. I wanted to call them to go over what sounds to put on there (they preload it with whatever you want), and the guy ended up spending over 36 minutes on the phone with me explaining which sounds he recommended for the animals i wanted to call, and how to use them, etc. He even added a few extra for no charge. Just awesome service, and very knowledgeable. They will get all my calling business from now on, that's for dang sure. ;)

way to go, if money isnt a problem the fox pro is the ticket IMO.

You will have a blast with that thing, they are awesome... Maybe you can get some blood on your .17 now

Definitely. Next time you come up, we'll take it and the .17 out bro. I might even let you shoot her ;)

so what sounds did you chose?

Clint, I'll never remember them all; he gave me 55 of them. Some of the ones that he said were typically overlooked or surprised me was fox distress (very overlooked for 'yotes), several kinds of bird distress (for everything, but especially for lions of all things), dog howl (domestic dog), siren (like a fire truck - as a locater, never heard of using that) and a few others i don't remember. Plus all the regulars - rabbit distress, fawn distress, etc. If you'd like i can write 'em all down when i get the unit. I told him i wanted to call coyotes, bobcats, lions, crows, and also have a couple deer calls (grunt, bleat, rattle). He said he was pretty proud of what we came up with. That guy helped a ton.

Let us know how it goes, sounds like a good start to me......Vegas dogs beware.....

I'm hoping so... I'll keep everyone posted.

Dude remeber when we were kids and used to hunt cats with the pellet guns in town ? I bet that fox pro and .17 would be a awesome cat hunting set up :lol:

Longshooter, your memory is terrible. You shot cats, I shot rabbits... and we used .22's :rolleyes: . Although i do hope this caller and my .17 make a good cat set-up...just ones with spots ;)

HERES MY LIST

Sound 1: 207 – Coyote Locator

Sound 2: 209 – Coyote Pup Distress #1

Sound 3: 230 – Bobcat In Heat

Sound 4: 370 – Mt. Lion In Heat

Sound 5: 375 - Mt. Lion Call

Sound 6: 325 – Wolf Chorus Howl

Sound 7: 237 – Cottontail Distress #1

Sound 8: 237 – Cottontail Distress #1

Sound 9: 350 – Baby Cottontail Distress

Sound 10: 355 – Cal Taylor’s Cottontail Distress

Sound 11: 244 – Baby Pig Distress

Sound 12: 245 – Squirrel Distress

Sound 13: 249 – Rodent Distress

Sound 14: 250 – Kiss Of Death

Sound 15: 251 – Cal Taylor’s Antelope Fawn Distress

Sound 16: 256 – Deer Distress

Sound 17: 257 – Calf Bawl

Sound 18: 291 – Woodpecker Distress

Sound 19: 297 – Turkey Distress

Sound 20: 341 – Wild Pig Distress

Sound 21: 260 – Elk Bull Bugling

Sound 22: 401 – Elk Estrus

Sound 23: 255 – Fawn Bawl

Sound 24: 200 – Buck Fight

Sound 25: 201 – Antler Rattling

Sound 26: 202 – Buck Grunt

Sound 27: 283 – Turkey Gobble

Sound 28: 275 – Dying Crow

Sound 29: 277 – Crow & Owl

Sound 30: C00 – Canine Pups #1

Sound 31: C75 – Baby Red Fox Distress #1

Sound 32: D00 - Whitetail Distress

Sound 33: H03 – Baby Wild Pig Distress

Sound 34: H04 – Juvenile Wild Pig Distress

Sound 35: L01 – Dying Jack

Sound 36: L02 – Lil’ Jack

Sound 37: L50 – Scream-n-Rabbit

Sound 38: L55 - Adult Cottontail

Sound 39: R03 - Grey Squirrel Distress

Sound 40: F01 – Crying Kittens

Sound 41: C01 – Canine Pups #2

Sound 42: 214 – Coyote & Rabbit

Sound 43: 320 – Lone Wolf Howl

Sound 44: 351 – Baby Cottontail Frenzy

Sound 45: 253 – Bear Cub Distress

Sound 46: 296 – Quail Distress

Sound 47: 293 – Young Blue Jay Distress

Sound 48: 405 - Elk Bull Bugling 2

Sound 49: L00 – Lightning Jack

Sound 50: 160 – Cal Taylor’s Siren

Sound : 1 . 282 Barred Owl.fxp

Sound : 2 . 289 Turkey Purrs.fxp

Sound : 3 . 450 Excited Hen Yelps.fxp

Sound : 4 . 121 Javelinas Demise.fxp

Let us know how it goes, sounds like a good start to me......Vegas dogs beware.....

Dude remeber when we were kids and used to hunt cats with the pellet guns in town ? I bet that fox pro and .17 would be a awesome cat hunting set up :lol:

Longshooter, your memory is terrible. You shot cats, I shot rabbits... and we used .22's :rolleyes: . Although i do hope this caller and my .17 make a good cat set-up...just ones with spots ;)

Kevin, all is good except that .17! Need bigger for the dogs!

I'll second that one, the .17 is good if you can head shoot them

I'll second that one, the .17 is good if you can head shoot them

I agree. I have a new .17 that i haven't drawn blood with yet (well except a pigeon, but that doesn't count :lol:) So i'm excited to take it out. The plan is, since I'll usually have someone with me, to have one guy with the .17 for close up 'yotes and the occasional cat, and the other with my 22-250 for back-up and any dogs that hold up. ;) Can't wait.