Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Got the Grand Slam!

Mike (Ihunt2live) and his father, John and I went out today to find some scalies/gambels. Well, Mikes dogs tore up the scalies, and while chasing some of them, I bumped up a single mearns and got that sucker! Alright a few scalies and a surprise mearns in the bag! Now to get the gambels! Knowing that gambels are gonna flush out there, I changed one of my chole tubes to a modified and bam! got the gambels!

QuailSlam002.jpg

QuailSlam007.jpg

QuailSlam020.jpg

Also found this nice shed! Mike found two as well.

QuailSlam022.jpg

QuailSlam023.jpg

Woo Hoo

Im getting the fever for birds

for the first time in years.

Nice shirt Casey

Good looking dogs (all 3)

and I'm likeing my Dowry

Just make sure you cleaned all the Bird blood off

I'm gald we were able to make it out before the season closed. We had a great time and for being so late in the season, we didn't do to bad. That Mearns sure was a nice suprize, I had no idea they were even out in this area. We were enjoying the nice view you see in the second pic then he shot the mearns a few min. later behind us.

post-1770-1201996342.jpg

post-1770-1201996405.jpg

Casey-

Looks like you dropped a few pounds.

Well never mind must be the shirt! :lol: :P

Yea he dropped about 2 pounds of hair since Mexico :lol:

Bout time ;)

Yea he dropped about 2 pounds of hair since Mexico :lol:

Bout time ;)

:lol: I was gonna ask who that clean shaved fella was on Casey's post!

Congrats on the trifecta Casey ;)

Casey, I don't care what Gamehauler says, your the man. :D :D :D :D

TJ

Way to go Casey!! That's quite a feat when you get the slam without moving areas!

I'm already chomping at the bit waiting for next season.. only 8 more months!

Casey, that is a dream come true. All in one hunt...dang! Major congrats... Mike and Troy ya'll are killing me. I was a little down then I read your postings and LMAO!!! I keep going into the Sportsman Warehouse to spot ya but only get to see pix of the infamous Casey and drop fifty bucks. Even my 7 y.o. son knows who ya are. :lol: Anyway thanx for the post and only a fews days left to score the dream so get out there!

Ernest

Casey-

Looks like you dropped a few pounds.

:lol: :P

I thought he packed on a few pounds???? :blink: All that good food and rest in Mexico will do that! :unsure: Might just be that the camera added 10 lbs. to him though..... :rolleyes: :P :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the birds, Casey! That is a good day of huntin' right there!! ;)

I forgot to mention....

When he shot that mearns it reminded me of his dec coues that he shot in the head. The bird could have been a little further out and he put a good shot on it. The bird droped with a nice puff of feather. :( I was suprized it was still in one peice when I picked it up. Lucky for him it still made for a good pic. :D

Congrats again Casey and we should definently try to make it out there again for some yote, glassing, and for some more sheds.

I forgot to mention....

When he shot that mearns it reminded me of his dec coues that he shot in the head. The bird could have been a little further out and he put a good shot on it. The bird droped with a nice puff of feather. :( I was suprized it was still in one peice when I picked it up. Lucky for him it still made for a good pic. :D

Congrats again Casey and we should definently try to make it out there again for some yote, glassing, and for some more sheds.

Gino, watch it there buddy! :D

Mike, I thought I let that bird get out there, guess I didnt let her get out there far enough huh?! I thought the 12 guage was gonna blow her up also, but i was using number 8 and let her get out there a little bit so it wasnt bad.

I forgot to mention....

Gino, watch it there buddy! :D

Mike, I thought I let that bird get out there, guess I didnt let her get out there far enough huh?! I thought the 12 guage was gonna blow her up also, but i was using number 8 and let her get out there a little bit so it wasnt bad.

I guess you were using your cylinder choke which wouldn't tear it up to bad. I think those mearns have lighter/softer feathers which added to the dramatic affect. :P

You know I was wondering if there was just a small covey of mearns right were you shot that one or it was a single from the covey Dewey pushed up out infront of those scalies we followed up the ridge. I didn't look at them that close because I just thought they were scalies, probably were though. I don't think that area would hold a big covey of mearns.

Knowing how tight mearns hold, Im gonna say she was all on her own. Look how tight she held when we were standing on the rock! we we on that rock and talking for a good 10-15 seconds before she flew!

We for sure need to set a weekend up to go glass and try and call some dogs! Im about 99.9% sure we can get some dogs out of there!

And your right, that was the cylinder choke with number 8's!