Sign in to follow this  
thunderbolt

suns bushing for a championchip

With Shaq you get a rebound machine which leads to alot more fast breaks. Now Amare and Nash don't have

to help clean up off the glass as much. With Shaq doing that it makes the other team take a extra second or two

to get back but by then Nash and Amare are already down court reciveing the outlet pass from the big guy.

What Keith and few others said.

BUT...it's also possible he becomes another Randy Johnson. Instead of a savior, he becomes a fan on the sidelines who gets paid lots of money to be there. -TONY

What Keith and few others said.

BUT...it's also possible he becomes another Randy Johnson. Instead of a savior, he becomes a fan on the sidelines who gets paid lots of money to be there. -TONY

I want that Job!!! :blink: :D

Oh, and I should have added that the Suns at least got rid of the NBA's version of Rodney " I don't get no respect" Dangerfield. I hate whiners, and Marion was among the best of them, despite his obvious basketball skills. ;) -TONY

With Shaq you get a rebound machine which leads to alot more fast breaks. Now Amare and Nash don't have

to help clean up off the glass as much. With Shaq doing that it makes the other team take a extra second or two

to get back but by then Nash and Amare are already down court reciveing the outlet pass from the big guy.

I think Marion was at least as good if not even better at rebounding that Shaq. Plus, Marion can play the whole game, where as Shaq is pretty much a 20 min/game player now. But, you are right in the fact that it doesn;t take 5 gus to run a fast breeak. Shaq will not slow down the team. Jabar was 40 when he played with the great Lakers teams in the in 80's and they ran with the best of them.

It will interesting to see.

Nothing like trading one pampered poodle for another......the one thing I hate the most about pro ball players up and down the line. Well, I guess there is a size difference in the two poodles, but other than that both are whiners, making more money than I'll ever dream of, I think I will ask my boss if I can log in fewer hours for the same pay. Oh, thats right, I can't play basketball.....what was I thinking.....wait...neither can shaq.....he is just big, flat and simple big......

Here is the gameplan though.....plant Shaq down in the paint on the defensive end and let him stay there........old man style.......

Sorry, never have been a Shaq fan.....probably never will be, at least Jabbar had the hook shot......

I think Marion was at least as good if not even better at rebounding that Shaq.

Yeah, but if you watched enough games, you'd realize he padded his stats by rebounding his own rushed layups a couple times. :P -TONY

There probably isn't a player in the nba that was afraid to go hard to the hoop against the Suns, now there will be.

Here are the reasons I think The Suns traded for him.

1. Marion let it be known that he did not want to play here.

2. Amare could not keep out of foul trouble.

3. After San Antonio beat us last week at home without parker They realize we need a big man

4. The whole Marion thing has been a big problem for chemistry all year.

5. Like somebody else said.(Every team was not afraid to go to the whole)

Here is what I think,

It all depends whether he can get healthy.If he can the suns will win the championship because he gets so much favorship from the Refs.

Noel

Throw this out as a side note.... One of the reasons the Suns made the trade was because the next top bidder for Shaq was the Mavericks. Personally not a big fan of Shaq but can you imagine how he would have helped the Mavs....

I think it was a good trade. I think most people don't realize how much chemistry affects a basketball team. I think it's more important in basketball than in almost any other sport. I loved Shawn Marion and I appreciate what he did while he was here but the competition has been stepping up and something had to be done. If you don't want to be here, then I don't want you here. I also think his attitude was negatively affecting the play of other players. I think just him not being here will change the overall play and offensive agressiveness of some of the other guys.

I think it's a pretty big risk but only time will tell. I think it's going to work wonders for the team chemistry and I also think it's going to be a huge shot in the arm for both Shaq and the Suns. He is going to be super motivated for many reasons, mostly stopping Kobe. He is going to bring in a championship attitude and I hope we see new life out of him. I also think it's going to help a lot to open up our half court offense, which is extremely crucial in the playoffs. I really hope it works, and I am optimistic, but only time will tell.

If the guy is healthy or we can get him healthy he will be fine, if not we are salary cap trapped for two more years, but if we had kept Marion and resigned him we would be in the same boat as far as the cap goes, which is a team that everyone loves to watch, but isn't going to win a championship. Steve Nash and the Suns have a very narrow window to win a championship, realistically you don't worry about next year until next year unless you already suck. I give the former wildcat credit for having the guts to make this move, but then again he knows way more about winning championships than all of us do.

Oh yeah I forgot that there is one more big reason the Suns did it.They are going to make a whole lot of money in the team shop selling his stuff.

They owe him $50M. That's a lot of Jerseys. :lol:

The only thing I do not like is I think they could have got a lot more for Marion than a 36 year old 335 lbs man with the $50M contract.