Sign in to follow this  
Diamondbackaz

Hunting class in High School

Back in around 1986 I had a class at Deer Valley High School called outdoor adventure, we had a field trip for the weekend to black river, we had field trips to ben avery, for trap and skeet, and archery, I actually took my Hunters Safety Course in this class, I remember carrying my shotgun in its case down the halls of the school with boxes of shells under my arm.

Ahhh. The good old days. Back im my old high school (Payson High School '82-'86) I guarantee there were enough guns in the parking lot to take over a small South American country.

heck when I was in high school, I got in trouble for bringing my guns to school!

I told them theres nothing I can do, they are both attached!

Ahhh. The good old days. Back im my old high school (Payson High School '82-'86) I guarantee there were enough guns in the parking lot to take over a small South American country.

Yeah, it was getting stiffer on the rules by the time I was there in '91-'94.... but we still had them... just hid them better. ;) You just never new when you were gunna have to cut 5th & 6th hours to jump ponds or bust some quail and we still had trap lines to check then (early 90's)! :D

dang Liberals..... there would be no school shootings if these wackos :wacko: new that the students might shoot back! ;) Gun education SAVES LIVES!!!!! Sorry... I'll climb down off my soap box now..... -_- <_< :(

heck when I was in high school, I got in trouble for bringing my guns to school!

I told them theres nothing I can do, they are both attached!

HAHAAH both attached :lol: :lol:

I thought your nickname was noodle arms :lol: :lol:

Lets see, when I was 16 years old, weighed 235 lbs ( skinny back in the day ;) ) and could throw up 350 lbs on the bench press... yeah, noodle arms ;)

Local high school here in NY has an outdoor class, canoeing, bow, rifle marksmanship, flyfishing, plant ID.... Now there is a class I would have enjoyed going to ...

AMEN to that!!!

I graduated from payson in 83 and we used to shoot our bows in the parking lot. Most of us had shotguns hanging in the racks.