Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

280 ai dies

Only one way to go. Redding bushing full length die, Redding competition shell holder set, and Wilson straight line seater. The shell holder set will allow you to set the shoulder bump at .002". The bushing die will allow you to set the bullet grip or tension dead nuts on. And the Wilson seater will give you the best runout. If you're a serious target shooter, Neil Jones dies would be even better. Spend good money on dies and they'll give a lifetime of great shooting!

Lots of ways to skin the cat and a lot will depend on the chamber of the rifle you are loading for, and what your accuracy goals are. If you need to size the fired neck down more than .005" , a bushing die can actually create run-out unless you size down in steps with two bushings. If you want to turn necks you will need a conventional  FL die for that first sizing before turning. The competition shell holder set is nice, not really needed to control shoulder bump. Wilson straightline seaters are great, but slow, depending on how many rounds you need to load at a time. I typically split the difference and use Redding or Forster competition seaters for rifles where I feel I need  minimum runout. Sinclair expander mandrels are good if you want to take the expander ball out of your die, but don't turn necks. A Lee Collet die and a Forster bushing shoulder bump die used without the bushing is a good combo that doen't require any case lube and is capable of loading very straight ammo.