Sign in to follow this  
DBArcher

New Arrows

I need advice on what type of arrows to get with my bow. I just bought a Martin panther set at 26 inch draw at 62 pounds. I was looking at getting carbons, but Aluminums look good to. What do you guys think

I am not even close to being an expert but I think carbons are the way to go. I have easton aluminums and am changing to increase spead and durability............Allen............

Most of my friends shoot carbons now but I have stayed with Easton aluminum. I shoot X-7's which is the hardest aluminum used today and shoot ultra lights. I shoot a much heavier bow but have found the 2312's, 2412's and 2413's work very well for me. Both of my cam bows shoot in the 300 to 320 ft./sec. range so I have found it not really beneficial to change to the carbons. It is really owner preference to either shoot carbons or aluminums.

Arizona Griz.

I have always shot aluminum arrows and have had good success with them. This year I got a new Mathews and decided to try carbons. The main difference I see is carbons are a little stiffer so they seem to have better penetration and are a little quicker. Carbons are either strait or broken. They take a frontal impact great but a side impact usually breaks them. The good thing about aluminum is they can be straitened and you don't have to "flex" them before shooting them. I think it just depends on what you like. If you are interested shoot me an email at kholder@theriver.com, I sold my old bow and have a dozen brand new Super Slam XX78 aluminum arrows in size 2213 that don't work with my new bow. Let me know if you are interested I will give you a screaming deal. Good luck, both types have pros and cons so whatever choice you make will be the right one.

Travis

Your short 26" draw will handcuff the arrow speed. I'd suggest a light carbon arrow like the Carbon Express in order to get a higher speed/flatter trajectory for coues. CX 200's weigh 7.0 grains per inch, while other carbon arrows usually weigh more. Check a chart to get arrow weight for the size you need.

Doug/Red Rabbit