Sign in to follow this  
SO I HUNT

12 BW Early 🤔

made a mistake, but I’m going to go hunt and make the best of it! I’m not sure with this hunt and I know my odds are against me. Any information would help? Will be taking the whole hunt off and a few days before the hunt.. pm me if you have information you’d like to share?

• Like 2

Congrats.  Could be a great hunt.  Had a buddy who drew this tag 2 years ago.  Scarce the first half, then the deer started moving through.  Killed a big, really old 30"+ heavy beautiful 3x3 on day 8 I think.  

• Like 2

Success rate for that hunt is actually really high. Sometimes higher than 12aw. You don't see many deer but lots of the ones you do see are killable. One of the best units for super wide bucks. Saw around a 36" wide buck from the main road about 5 years ago during middle of the day. He was just hanging in tall sage. The weekend before the hunt started. Was making a supply run for a 12aw hunt. Scouting is key for the early hunt. Just be careful not to pressure the deer and push them into somewhere you cannot hunt. 

• Like 2