Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

2013 F150 Ecoboost Secondary A/C Fan

Just recently my truck started having a really loud secondary fan come on when my A/C is on.

I recharged my Freon and have done a little research into the possibility it my be a relay issue.

Anybody have this issue and figure out what was going on?

I would be willing to bet you’ve had your recall done recently, and now you’ve notice that issue?

2013 - 2016 F150, and 2015 - 2016 Expedition/Navigator Engine Cooling Fan strate gy has been changed to improve low vehicle speed A/C performance. The Engine Coo ling Fan is more noticeable at higher ambient temperatures than previous model y ears. This is a normal condition to improve low vehicle speed A/C performance, a nd no repair should be attempted.

2 hours ago, ctracingraptor said:

I would be willing to bet you’ve had your recall done recently, and now you’ve notice that issue?

2013 - 2016 F150, and 2015 - 2016 Expedition/Navigator Engine Cooling Fan strate gy has been changed to improve low vehicle speed A/C performance. The Engine Coo ling Fan is more noticeable at higher ambient temperatures than previous model y ears. This is a normal condition to improve low vehicle speed A/C performance, a nd no repair should be attempted.

Dang.......wonder if they could make that "normal" sound any louder :) I appreciate that information cause I have been beating my brain out trying to figure out why that sound all the sudden.

Got the recall work done on it about three weeks ago.......thanks so much for the information......

So basically when you had the recall done, it inevitably grab the latest and greatest pcm file off the ol interwebs. Nothing anyone can do about it. I won’t spoil your fun, but just be happy that’s the only thing you’ve noticed change since your recall... 

When I first heard my wife's 15' ecoboost fan turn on, I was thinking WTF. A little googling turned out to be normal like raptor said but "more noticeable" is an understatement. It is loud as heck. Its still a bit disconcerting hearing that fan turn on.  

8 hours ago, rkv09 said:

When I first heard my wife's 15' ecoboost fan turn on, I was thinking WTF. A little googling turned out to be normal like raptor said but "more noticeable" is an understatement. It is loud as heck. Its still a bit disconcerting hearing that fan turn on.  

Exactly! If this is “normal” I’d say they better do another recall😂!

I seriously will reconsider keeping this truck and the purchase of another Ford if this is their fix! Way too loud!!!

I have a 13 ecoboost and I just tell people it has a jet engine when they comment on how loudly it idles with the AC on.

• Like 1