Sign in to follow this  
Cowboy

I could use some help

I have been shooting X-Caliber fluted arrows for twenty years, and my supply is dwindeling fast. I have heard that no one make them any more. I usualy buy 200 shafts at a time (granted I was single 20 years ago) If anyone has a line on 2312"s or 2412"s I am very interested. Shoot me a line and I will get back with you. I am no longer in New Mexico, or Arizona anymore. I relocated to northern Colorado so I live my coues dreams vicariously through all of you. Everyone keep up this wonderful website

Have you thought of just going to carbon arrows? I shot some x calibers almost 20 years ago, and while they were lighter, I found them to be too soft and easily dented or bent. Aluminums are a lesser arrow than carbons, IMO.

Doug~RR

Have you thought of just going to carbon arrows? I shot some x calibers almost 20 years ago, and while they were lighter, I found them to be too soft and easily dented or bent. Aluminums are a lesser arrow than carbons, IMO.

Doug~RR

+1 on that.

Hate to try'n talk someone out of something they like, but with the readily available supply of carbons & superior qualities.... hard to stay with aluminums.

I had been shooting Easton ACCs for a while (carbon wrapped around an alum. core tube), but now have even gone away from those, as they bend just like aluminums, but are much more difficult to straighten IMO. Now I shoot the PSE Radial X-weaves & those things are tough as nails! I regularly bounce my blunt-tipped carbons around through cactus & rock fields while shooting at rabbits & almost never break one.

Matt S.

I have tryed carbon, the recurve don't like them much. Granted that was a few years ago, maybe I'll try them again. If anyone has some of the fluteds laying around, or are staking up their tomato plants I'll take'em off your hands. They fly perfect, I hate changing whats been working for so long.

Geoff

A few arrow makers are making carbon arrows in what they call "traditional" style arrows. I have tried a few and they work pretty good. They generally have a weaker spine, so a traditional style bow can shoot them, and there is a bunch of different arrows with different grains per inch to choose from. I would suggest looking into the new stuff out there. I use the CX traditional for the long bow I made, and they fly really good out of it. Also, if you cant find them anywhere local, most of the time shops can find one or two around, or have a couple sent as promos, which means they may be free. That is how I got a lot of the arrows I was putting through my shooting machine.

How long do you need them to be?

30.5" please let me know. Thank you Geoff