Roboz

Draw odds

My very first Javelina hunt was last year. Archery in 23. My girlfriend and I both got tags and we put in on two different apps. So we got lucky.... and we both struck out lmao. Lots of rain and snow and it being my first hunt didnt help any. I learned the difference of a cow eating cactus vs a javelina eating that cactus while in the field. Rookie move.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

Interesting.  I always figured you couldn't put in for the same hunt for your first and second choice so thank you for the information.  

Is there any benefit to doing putting in for the one hunt for first and second choices versus just putting in for that hunt as your first choice?

If you list your desired hunt as your first and only choice, it (obviously) is the only hunt you can draw. 

If you list it as both first and second choice, you have the option of selecting different hunts as your 3rd - 5th choices for the third stage of the draw, without compromising your chances for the desired hunt by drawing these as your 2nd choice in the bonus point pass. I'm unsure of what happens if you leave the second choice blank.

It all depends on what hunts you want and this really only applies to hunts and species that can be drawn in the third-fourth-fifth choice pass.

• Like 2

Some good information here...thanks guys for all the help. I think i am starting to understand the points and draws. My son is a Arizona resident and i am in St George Utah, he keeps telling me i need to move to Arizona since thats where i do 90% of my hunting...Im beginning to think he is right. I hunted 23 back in the mid 90's and struck out, i then hunted 24b for a few years and did pretty good, then 16A about 5 years ago that was a tough hunt but we pulled a Javelina out after 4 days of hunting. The one animal i really want is a nice Coues but i just keep striking out, one of these days!