az4life

Hunters are worried about global warming

"Sportsmen are seeing the effects of climate change and know full well that foresight and proactive management will be necessary to help fish and wildlife adapt," said George Cooper, president of the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership.

what are we supposed to be seeing?

"Sportsmen are seeing the effects of climate change and know full well that foresight and proactive management will be necessary to help fish and wildlife adapt," said George Cooper, president of the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership.

what are we supposed to be seeing?

Not sure? Maybe that elk are moving down hill to hotter areas as well as the whitetails?

I think it has been easy to see the effect on the desert muleys with the lack of rain we are having though.

We should have learned our lesson when our cavemen ancestors caused the demise of the Wooley Mammoth and Saber toothed Tiger with the smoke from their campfires.

I think that hunters should be worried about global warming, 1) because even if they don't believe in it, the rest of the world does, and the majority vote is going to to dictate the way that lands are managed in the future, 2) global warming is occurring and its effects will obviously be noticed.

However, I think de-tangling the causes of population flux on big game species to be able to say it is global warming is hard to swallow. There are other factors that effect these animals; to say that any one is causing their populations to rise or crash might be pretty difficult to prove empirically when you have so many other forcings.

These animals have survived for thousands - even hundreds of thousands of years in a state that basically resembles the species we see today. That means that they've gone through multiple ice ages and warm events. These animals survive climate change, thats why they are alive today - the issue is whether they are going to have the space they need to move to new habitats; or can they survive hard times under the pressure that humans intentionally (hunting, or not hunting) and unintentionally (ranching, agriculture, development, water use, roads) put upon them.

Global Warming is easy to understand on vegetation - as it gets hotter atmospheric pressure causes the 'happy place' that a certain plant species used to grow at to move up in elevation, and vice-versa for global cooling (that is why there used to be pine trees in downtown Tucson, 12kya). As the preferred vegetation moves, the animal moves with it; that can mean a whole sh#@ storm of interactions go off - modeling that is really, really hard and has alot of *'s attached.

Tyson

I think global warming is bunk. there's nothing man can do to change the climate. swamps put out more Co2 than all the cars together on earth do.theres been so many things that "science" has proven and then been disproven that you can't believe anything that they put out.scientists say that the ocean water is warming so they put thermostats on the bottom of the ocean and come to find out over the last 5 years the temp in the oceans has actually cooled down.the only true constant in life is God.

I think global warming is bunk. there's nothing man can do to change the climate. swamps put out more Co2 than all the cars together on earth do.theres been so many things that "science" has proven and then been disproven that you can't believe anything that they put out.scientists say that the ocean water is warming so they put thermostats on the bottom of the ocean and come to find out over the last 5 years the temp in the oceans has actually cooled down.the only true constant in life is God.

There is no money to be made if global warming is not caused by man.

I believe that we do have an effect on global warming but I also believe that its also a part of the earth's natural cycle. I'd like to know if any scientist are studing this along with the human caused warming. I do realize that that would be pretty darn near imposible to to compare though.

I also feel that science can also be a little cought in keeping things in their "Natural" state. What I mean by that is the nature does not stand still, enviroment do change.

Basicly my thoughts are that ABSOLUTLY humans cause change to their enviroment but there are natural changes that occur as well. I'm all for the global warming research, but I do get kind of tiered of the whole "dooms day" mentality enviromentalists and how humans evil beings killing the planet.

Just my PART of my $.02. And maybe I'm WAY off base but thats my opinion right now and maybe it will change as wee continue to watch our earth change.

There is no money to be made if global warming is not caused by man.

Amen Brothers! Global warming is being dis-proven daily. Now they call it "Global Climate Change" to keep the "fear of impending Doom" driving the money into the carbon credit companies (Scam) and the "Green" products. It's all made to make someone money and make most everyone else pay.

The higher temps from the sun have a MUCH bigger effect on Ozone and Temps than man has ever had. I should use my PHD title and get some celebrities to join the cause, maybe we can make a difference too.

First let me say I love everyone of of you guys and any of you could share deer camp with me anytime, but like a good brother I am going to have to hit you with the truth. You guys are complete Retards on this subject. I think Tyson has been very patient with you guys (bless his heart), so I guess I will have be the bad guy. Just because you don't want to believe 99% of the scientific community, and choose to listen to politicians and radio talk show hosts, does not mean you can't use some common sense. Look at LA, Tucson, Phoenix. All that brown s--- in the sky. Well guess where it comes from? Not the La Brea tar-pits or Mount St Helens, it comes from our Ford Explorers. Now lets take Tucson with 1,000,000 population and see the 60 square miles of crap it produces every day. Now take India with 1000 Tucson's with their 1000 million people who all want to drive and have heated homes then add China with 2000 Tucson's with their 2000 million people. Then take Indonesia with 300 Tucson's ect ect. Get the picture. The world cannot sustain everyone living the American life style. We can't have 6,000,000,000 Ford Explorers on the road. Putting our heads in the sand and claiming all the scientists are greedy bastards after a buck, -just trying to sell their solar panels- is complete ignorance. I know the proposed solutions are complete bulls---. Carbon credits, and florescent light bulbs is laughable, but until we all acknowledge there is a serious problem. Real solutions (sacrifices) will be hard to come by.

Love,

Bob

so what makes us retards? because we don't follow in lock step behind your so called science. I get information from many different resources and make my decisions based on more than just one conclusion. these "scientists" can't even predict tomorrows weather let alone whats gonna happen in 20 years. you forget that during the industrial revolution that us horrible people burned coal and kerosene to stay warm and run machinery. why isn't the sky falling in on us now because of what our forefathers did back then.why? because God has this wonderful thing thats called an environment that heals and protects itself. look at where the atom bomb was dropped.you'd think that if our ecosytem was as fragile as these people say that an area like that wouldn't be livable today.the one thing i don't like about todays education system is that there is no more free thinking.if you have a different opinion or don't believe in something they shove down your throat your called retarded.

Too bad global warming will take such a long time to raise the oceans.

I would like be around to chase some sailfish and marlin where Yuma, Gila Bend and Calexico are now, but even the doomsayers claim it won't happen in what's left of my lifetime (or my grandkids').

Bill Quimby

:P

I know the proposed solutions are complete bulls---. Carbon credits, and florescent light bulbs is laughable, but until we all acknowledge there is a serious problem. Real solutions (sacrifices) will be hard to come by.

Love,

Bob

Speaking of CFLs, Walmart, in cooperation with APS, has 60-watt CFLs for $.79 each! I bought two dozen of them Sat. -TONY