Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

hits the spot

15 minutes ago, stanley said:

Was their two Los Hermanos restaurants in Superior???   

The one I'm familiar with have been open for many many years, and is still open, alive & well.  Big place with a bar, right next to the little rest area they built towards the east end of town.  LOVE stopping in there for fresh tortillas!

S.

Yep, exactly.

57 minutes ago, stanley said:

The one I'm familiar with have been open for many many years, and is still open, alive & well.  Big place with a bar, right next to the little rest area they built towards the east end of town.  LOVE stopping in there for fresh tortillas!

S.

I think only one. 

When we were young, we would drive to the valley from globe and we would stop at los hermanos for the fresh tortillas and eat them on the way down. The factory is closed now but can still get them from inside the restaurant. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

I think only one. 

When we were young, we would drive to the valley from globe and we would stop at los hermanos for the fresh tortillas and eat them on the way down. The factory is closed now but can still get them from inside the restaurant. 

I grew-up in Kearny, and have the same memories.   Oh BTW, by "factory", you mean the 4 or 5 women in the back room cranking-out tortillas by hand all morning long???  🤣   

Big +1 on the fresh tortillas!!!  Used to LOVE stopping by there and buying them super fresh!!!  Nothing like fresh, warm tortillas.  No butter needed! ;)

The good ol' days....

3 hours ago, stanley said:

one los hermanos restaurant and tortilla factory on the west end.

the little green farmers market is closed now in favor of one of new construction.

the tres equis bar is now porters cafe. 

• Like 1