Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Quail and Squirrel Seasons

Gambels and Scaled Quail seasons will open earlier, the first Friday in October (10/3/08).

Squirrel season is extended to Dec 31.

Wow! More quail season, right on! The problem is that it’s still to hot in Oct and there’s plenty of snakes still out. The years when the monsoon comes late I've seen some scaly chicks that have barely begun to fly. I probably won’t hunt quail hard until Nov. anyway but I'll probably take advantage of the earlier start a few times.

With quail season will starting about 9 days earlier than normal, but it should not be much warmer than the original date. Will still need to rest and water the dogs plenty, even near Prescott and Sedona.

The Junior Deer and Javelina hunts start Oct 10.

yep... 2 seasons ago, I took Casey on an early hunt and we shot a few Blues that were barely outta the egg.. after we saw that, we let them be anf I didn't go back there till Dec..

yep... 2 seasons ago, I took Casey on an early hunt and we shot a few Blues that were barely outta the egg.. after we saw that, we let them be anf I didn't go back there till Dec..

I do the same thing. Its tuff though, they and mearns are my favs.

I was actually very happy about the extended squirrel season! I took that group of ladies squirrel hunting last year and some wanted to go back, but we couldn't find a time before the end of the season in Nov. I think that's some new opportunity.

Amanda