Sign in to follow this  
willhunt4coues

3 UTAH residents

The thing is, what they were doing is perfectly legal in UT. At least when I lived in UT 10 years ago, jackrabbits and coyotes were afforded no legal protection and from my understanding were legal to spotlight. However shooting out of a vehicle and off a road certainly were not legal. I wonder if the littering charges were in regards leaving empty .22 cases behind. Sounds to me like they were trying to nail their butts to the wall, and I would have to just for the fact that alcohol was involved.

Should have stayed on their side of the line and it's my understanding that if you lose your hunting rights in AZ, you lose them in a bunch of other states. All because of a few jackrabbits up on the strip.

Sucks to be them,

Schmitty

I wonder why the other 20 states aren't part of the compact.

So, these guys shoot jackrabbits and get their privileges taken away with a $750.00 fine and the guys that shot horses and killed bears over their carcasses got away with a slap on the wrist?? Hmmm, what gives here?? If you all are familiar with the incident that happened last year then you know some of those people were only fined $50.00 bucks or some ridiculous thing like that.

My question is why is it so different? Why were these bear poachers not fined to the last penny that the law can take?? And finally what the heck is the result of that incident?? Funny how things just go away after a while and everyone kind of forgets about it isn't it?

Guest 300ultramag.

Lame :huh: ...............I knew elmer fudd was from utah, but he uses a spotlight

a couple of poduhnks poaching jackrabbits :blink: HOLD THE PHONE

Maybe that will teach the AZGFD to put black-tailed jack rabbits on the $uper Raffle! $ $

\__/

Imagine..... 365 days of hunting rabbit.

So, these guys shoot jackrabbits and get their privileges taken away with a $750.00 fine and the guys that shot horses and killed bears over their carcasses got away with a slap on the wrist?? Hmmm, what gives here?? If you all are familiar with the incident that happened last year then you know some of those people were only fined $50.00 bucks or some ridiculous thing like that.

My question is why is it so different? Why were these bear poachers not fined to the last penny that the law can take?? And finally what the heck is the result of that incident?? Funny how things just go away after a while and everyone kind of forgets about it isn't it?

Good point. Maybe they couldn't afford attorneys to drag it out until it went away or a sweet deal could be worked out.. Jack.

there ain't no way to try and figger out the azgfd, when it comes to how they do justice. after looking at the new ethics section in the regs, there might be a bunch of us banned from 29 states next year. Lark.

You really think these guys were only shooting rabbits. If a deer would have presented itself to them, they would have shot. No doubt in my mind. When you go poaching on the Strip, I doubt if your main objective is a friggen rabbit.

I think you guys are too harsh. This is how I learned to hunt. Except it was surplus 30'06 steel jackets out of surplus Springfields. Fix your bayonet's! This story brings back some good memories. I am also positive that many of my fellow red necks did the same thing. Sure glad my kids won't learn this way, since now I have turned into Mr. Ethics. Still the bear poaching penalties should be much harsher then poached Jack rabbits. Lets call AZGF the "No Fun Agency."

Bob