Sign in to follow this  
eom

First one!

Man this whole hunt was crazy, I’m fairly new to hunting didn’t grow up hunting my dad never hunted I seen a hunting show on tv while flipping channels and was instantly hooked! So I live in 37a and always hunted that area and I’ve been wanting to learn some new country, my cousin convinced me to put for a unit his buddies hunt and could help out well I put in for the wrong unit got the numbers crossed and drew 24a ( I was supposed to put in for 24b) we hunted an area we had seen does in while scouting, never could find a buck only mullies, I only had the weekend after Christmas left to get it done and my cousins buddy offered to help me out Saturday, we got up there early am and it was snowing like crazy and it was extremely foggy, sat in the truck until for about an hour and it wasent letting up we decided to pull out of the area and drop a little elevation to try and get out of the fog, on the way down I take a wrong road and no one says anything until we are about a mile up I couldn’t find a spot to turn around and ended up taking it down about 1/2 mile where it dead ends and there was no fog so we get out and find a Spot to glass the sun finally comes out and my buddy finds this guy standing on a rock ledge soaking up the sun, found him at about 790 yards I shot him at 289..it was unreal this is my first deer ever I’m super happy with him 

That's awesome man! I didnt grow up like that either. Went out on a whim and bought a bow during archery. Been hooked ever since.  Congrats on a great first deer.  What were you shooting?