AZGFD accepting applications for 2020

Logo

GAME AND FISH NEWS

Jan. 7, 2020

AZGFD accepting applications
for 2020  pronghorn, elk hunts
Raptor capture seasons now included in latest draw process 

Elk_-_Bull_-_3_1.JPG

PHOENIX  — The Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) is accepting applications for 2020 hunt permit-tags issued through the draw process for pronghorn and elk. 

To apply, visit www.azgfd.gov and click on “Apply for a Draw.” For an overview of the application service, including license requirements, applying for bonus points and payment information, see Page 10 of the “2020 Pronghorn, Elk and Raptor Capture Hunt Draw Information” booklet. Printed booklets soon will be available at all department offices and license dealers statewide.

Attention falconers: Raptor capture seasons are included in this booklet. A valid hunting or hunt and fish combination license, along with a sport falconry license, are needed when applying for a hunt permit-tag. For more information, see Page 38.  

The deadline for the department to receive all applications is 11:59 p.m. (Arizona time) Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2020.

All applicants are encouraged to purchase PointGuard, which allows hunters to surrender their hunt permit-tag(s) for any reason without losing their bonus points. Information: www.azgfd.gov/pointguard.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I've got 19 for elk and 18 for pronghorn. 

You're overdue to get drawn. Thanks for the update.

1 hour ago, AZ11 said:

You're overdue to get drawn. Thanks for the update.

Not sure what I'll do since I've basically quit hunting. I've bought BPs the last couple years and before that I was applying for only the early rifle elk season as both 1st & 2nd choice.

3 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Not sure what I'll do since I've basically quit hunting. I've bought BPs the last couple years and before that I was applying for only the early rifle elk season as both 1st & 2nd choice.

Hey buddy....

I have a position open for new best friend since I recently broke up with my hunting partner.  

11 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Hey buddy....

I have a position open for new best friend since I recently broke up with my hunting partner.  

My "friendship" is now open to bids. 🤣

• Like 3

Thats Me Tony!  I will be 64 this year and loosing a little gusto for roughing it and trying to Hike Hills. Think I will just put in for all Trophy Hunts and see what happens.I only have 4 Elk points ,14 Antelope ,2 Deer , 27 Sheep, 4 Turkey which I will have 5 for next Spring. I can keep hunting them as I only hunt the Spring and call them to Me. Good Luck ALL!..........BOB!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naturebob said:

Thats Me Tony!  I will be 64 this year and loosing a little gusto for roughing it and trying to Hike Hills. Think I will just put in for all Trophy Hunts and see what happens.I only have 4 Elk points ,14 Antelope ,2 Deer , 27 Sheep, 4 Turkey which I will have 5 for next Spring. I can keep hunting them as I only hunt the Spring and call them to Me. Good Luck ALL!..........BOB!

I wish I could go back to 64, Bob. Although my breathing wasn't top notch, the rest of me was still in good shape back then. Now everything aches. 

• Like 1