wonder if this has any greenhouse gas in it

No Doubt OwlGore will say this is a result of global warming....

Which came first? the Owl or the Egg? Seems to me these things cause more climate change than Man can.

I'm pretty sure they will figure out how man was somehow responsible for the unexpected blow...........I mean, it had to be man caused if the last time something like this happened was over 9000 years ago......

But this line is the best one of all that OwlGore might want to take note of,

"What happens after today is anybody's guess," Stern said.

Hope they didn't spend alot of money trying to figure that out.........

Lark,

Now that you guys have the problems of illegal immigration, global warming, hunting oppotunities and the outlandish prices of watermelons in the Middle East all worked out, I could use some help on a real problem I'm having.

For weeks now, I have been seeing those commercials on TV about the new Bush's Grillin' Beans. So when my wife went to Fry's last Sat. I had her buy me a can to try.

So last night, I went out on the patio and started the barbeque. I put my normal spices on a nice juicy rib steak and proceeded to place it on the grill after it was hot. Well, everything was going great until the time arrived to grill the beans. No matter what I did, they just kept falling through the grill, and nothing on the can label suggested a way to prevent it.

Do you perhaps have a solution to this or maybe a link to some news article that explains the proper scientific technique? -TONY

Oh, I should have added that I did try lining up the beans in single file along each of the bars on the grill. That was fine until it was time to flip them, which is when the problem really begins. -TONY

Well Doug, I tried your idea last night. I skewered three hundred beans on 60 wooden toothpicks over the period of two hours. It sure helped me work up an appetite.

Anyway, your idea worked great -- that is untill the toothpicks caught fire and pretty much turned all my hard work into little nuggets of charcoal. Although they were quite flavorful, they were just a bit chewy.

Back to the drawing board; any other bright ideas?? :blink: -TONY

1. remove lid from can of grillin beans

2. place can on grill

3. wait

4. stir

5. wait

6. stir

8. remove can from grill. Careful, IT IS HOT, DUMBASS.

9. Spoon contents of can onto plate in desired amounts.

10. eat

1. remove lid from can of grillin beans

2. place can on grill

3. wait

4. stir

5. wait

6. stir

8. remove can from grill. Careful, IT IS HOT, DUMBASS.

9. Spoon contents of can onto plate in desired amounts.

10. eat

Awesome..........Sometimes you just have to spell it out.......

Aha, two rocket scientists, huh? Any dumbass could do that. :blink:

That's about like grilling a steak in a frying pan. If I wanted plain ol' warmed over beans, why waste extra money on ones touted as "grillin' beans?" Geez, might as well just toss a can of Heinz in a pot and put it on a stove burner like I've always done. -TONY

Skewers could be made from metal paper clips (without the plastic coating). Prepping a can of grillin beans in this manner is undoubtedly a thirst building activity worthy of a few glasses of iced tea.

Simply pouring the can out over a piece of metal window screen on the grill would not be as entertaining or worthy of a donning a BBQ apron

Now we're getting somewhere.

post-82-1210278884.gif

I might even sharpen the ends of the wires a bit so as not to smush the beans too badly. The screen was a good thought, too, but the juice might make a real mess of the barbie burners.

Hope you don't mind, but I'll pass on the ice tea for something a bit more worthy of such a time-consuming endeavor. ;) -TONY

since this is a family site, I just mentioned the tea as an alternative to the ethanol-laced barley pops traditionallly consumed by parched BBQers. B)