jamaro

Animals ATTACK!!!! and meeting in Silver City.

Hey Guys...

I hope Amanda doesn't mind too much but I have collected a few recent stories about animals attacking in NM over the past week. First there was a Mountain Lion in Las Cruces THEN SOMETHING carried off a kid on the east side of the Sandias..

Visit My Website

It is just nuts....

Jason

I feel bad for the kid but the press report was hilarious. Here's a quote from the newspaper article about the unidentified animal:

"They’re looking at the tracks in the area to find out if it was a cougar, mountain lion, or bear." (emphasis added)

So it appears they are looking for a cougar OR a mountain lion. They shouldn't stop there. While they're at it they should also look for tracks of a puma or a even a catamount.

I feel bad for the kid but the press report was hilarious. Here's a quote from the newspaper article about the unidentified animal:

"They’re looking at the tracks in the area to find out if it was a cougar, mountain lion, or bear." (emphasis added)

So it appears they are looking for a cougar OR a mountain lion. They shouldn't stop there. While they're at it they should also look for tracks of a puma or a even a catamount.

:P :lol: Thank you

A Cougar??? A hot mother?

I'd like to get carried off my a Cougar any day of the year!

That is called a MILF... you dork!!! You need a date..... GH....PLEASE help this kid out...... :blink: :rolleyes: :unsure: ... NOT!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

That is called a MILF... you dork!!! You need a date..... GH....PLEASE help this kid out...... :blink: :rolleyes: :unsure: ... NOT!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Casey was on the right track...

Def. Cougar-

a hot woman who is over 39 and is out on the prowl.. has to be a looker, not just in the right age bracket.

Cougar hunting isnt for the faint of heart.

A couple weeks ago i was out with my dog near luna. We weren't walking ten minutes when out of no where 2 Javelina were running full out, right to us! :o . my dog being the dog he is met them half way and the 2 rageing pigs and my brave dog were going at it bad :blink: fearing for my dogs life i ran at the rageing pile shouting. Would you believe it. The larger of the pigs charged me!!!! with no tree and no weapon on my side all i could think to do was kick this crazy boar as he came in.Out of sheer luck and a little instinct I connected, luckily without looseing a calf musle. A counter attack from me sent this pig back on my dog with his teammate. If he knocked me down instead of me knocking him down would I be writeing this now?I wonder. Man, i was in shock. The pigs chased my dog and piled up, my dog chased them then piled up. Soon my dog would be dead, trying to call him off was useless. I slung my pack off and got out my snub nose 22, my trusty snake gun. At this point i was getting as mad as both the pigs and my dog. That gosh darn boar allmost got me! Now they were gonna kill my best dog I ever owned? I think not :angry: . The rest of this story I will leave out, KNOWING I did the right thing.

I've never encountered aggressive javelina till this day, but their out there. I still have my dog, and my leg. What would you do?

A couple weeks ago i was out with my dog near luna. We weren't walking ten minutes when out of no where 2 Javelina were running full out, right to us! :o . my dog being the dog he is met them half way and the 2 rageing pigs and my brave dog were going at it bad :blink: fearing for my dogs life i ran at the rageing pile shouting. Would you believe it. The larger of the pigs charged me!!!! with no tree and no weapon on my side all i could think to do was kick this crazy boar as he came in.Out of sheer luck and a little instinct I connected, luckily without looseing a calf musle. A counter attack from me sent this pig back on my dog with his teammate. If he knocked me down instead of me knocking him down would I be writeing this now?I wonder. Man, i was in shock. The pigs chased my dog and piled up, my dog chased them then piled up. Soon my dog would be dead, trying to call him off was useless. I slung my pack off and got out my snub nose 22, my trusty snake gun. At this point i was getting as mad as both the pigs and my dog. That gosh darn boar allmost got me! Now they were gonna kill my best dog I ever owned? I think not :angry: . The rest of this story I will leave out, KNOWING I did the right thing.

I've never encountered aggressive javelina till this day, but their out there. I still have my dog, and my leg. What would you do?

A. I want to hear the rest of the story.

B. Im pretty good at hitting things in the head... bang, bang would go my XD40!

Antlers Too!

:ph34r:

Yes, far fetched.Why i didn't call.Decided if i got pulled over i'd just tell the truth and take it to the dang judge if i had too.

However, TRUE.On my blood! No , the pigs didn't have rabies. My dog took a good one to his hind leg and his face, he's heeled good with just a couple new scars. He's a colby American Pitbull Terrier, He was holding his own considering. But two of these guys, he was in a loosing battle. These pigs matched him in weight, over 55lbs- heads twice the size of my dogs and 2.5 inch tusks. Not to mention the fact their as wild as a texas tornado! Never- Never should these pigs be taken lightly!!!!!!!Their closest relative in the geen pool is the Russian boar-fact. Their just little versions. I always wondered what would happen if we ever encountered some pigs, me and my dog. It's NOT a good thing.

Yes, found a six point elk- 3 point muley shed that day :rolleyes:

One ran Off, The other is in my belly ;) and friends freezer :ph34r: . scores 14.5 in. One to drop him , 2 to finish. In your face Adrenaline of the snorting kind.

I'm now considering a southern style hog hunt with dog packs down south, I hear their affordable and now know they'd be action packed.

My dog is old and he's about ready to retire . He's only got half his fangs left! He's been porcupined twice, fought numerous coyotes and stray dogs comeing in the yard sometimes in packs, caught countless rabbits. Found and stoodoff, on 3 seperateoccasions, rattlesnakes on the trail in front of me without getting struck. Kept me safe and warm while I sleep in the backwoods. heck, he even got a coon one time. That was wild 2! None of the real coonhounds i had ever did. Also too boot has never shone a single hair of aggression to anyone!If anyone actually read the history of the American Pitbull terrier , They would know that It was made a point to eleminate any dog from the geen pool who bit a handler or owner dureing a "Pit Match" They were actually bred not to bite people!!!!!!! :( only other animals. Some owners have nowadays trained their animal otherwise. :angry: Yes, I'm highly against dog-fighting as well as Trained "attack"dogs. However I would like to see more People use them in the field. Their nose is top- notch, They have killer instinct towards other critters, will keep going up and down mountains for longer than u can, their loyalty to owners is un-matched, they are usually highly intelligent, and have the mental "gameness" factor, or drive from within. Not to mention the courage of a lion. Also protective of owners and territory.

They trully are the American Dog ;) . So sad they are missused, mistreated, and misstrained :angry: :( Ohh and as for numbers, labrador retrievers' actually bite the most people in the u.s every year. And children should never be left alone or be un-supervised around any dog or dangerous animal, duh! Stupid owners, and parents, likely both. everyone knows most dogs don't like little kids, duh. And a dog who's aggressive to people and isn't in our armed forces should be terminated, end of story.

I would not wish this experience on anyone or anyones pet. But wait untill the grandkids hear! ha!

Also gonna carry a bigger "snake gun" from now on, just for them critters who wanna get crazy! I'm the king of the forest dammit!

Ohh Ive also had a standoff with a lion, a large boar cinnamon black bear, was attacked by a wild Tom turkey when I was ten, stepped on 4 rattlesnakes in my life and taken numerous spills down hillsides. It's all part of the adventure! Yet my worst injury's were on bicycles, skateboards and dirtbikes.

Haven't you guys ever watched "Ole Yeller"?

Mean pigs, mean I tell you.

I shot one with a 10mm high in the back. When I went up to it the dang thing came after me like a flash, draggin its rear end, clackin teeth and poppin. First time I really appreciated a double tap drill.

Shot another with an '06. 30 minutes went by ingetting across the canyon to it. Out of habit I poked it in the eye (open, looked plenty dead). Dang thing was playin possum. Spun around and bit the tip of the barrel. First time I ever fired an '06 one handed while in the air....