Sign in to follow this  
AZ RANGER

Mt Graham ablaze

I dont know all the details but from what I've been told BLM decided to do a controled burn of 100 acres today. It got out of hand and really blew up around 2pm

post-363-1211340526_thumb.jpg

post-363-1211340884_thumb.jpg

Oh great <_<

Thanks for the update and please keep us informed!

Do you think there will be anything left of Southern AZ after this fire season?

Lance

This sort of incident is sadening BUT there are lots of benefits to NATURE RUNNING HER COURSE. This is a natural cleansing process......

If the right wing eviornmentalist won't let the USFS groom the forest the next best thing may be fire......

just my $0.02

If the right wing eviornmentalist won't let the USFS groom the forest the next best thing may be fire......

just my $0.02

I think you mean left wing

why does the forest circus and the burro of land management bother with all them signs tellin' folks how to not start a forest fire, when they go out do this about a dozen times a year? they aint' gonna quit till they burn all the cabins on the mountain i guess. what a deal. arsonist tree pigs. Lark.

Got a phone message about midday today from my Boy and he said that his crew was headed from NM over to that Mount Graham Fire.... It must still be growing if they are being called in.... :(

There does'nt seem to be a lot of info out on this fire. At least not that I can find. I have been told they pulled both ground and air units out today becuase conditions were too extreme. Its going through some good coues country.

Here is a link I just found

http://www.eacourier.com/articles/2008/05/...be672403298.txt

Burn Baby, Burn. If we can't log the forests anymore they might as well be allowed to burn once in awhile, so long as humans and structures aren't threatened. It generally freshens things up and makes for more wildlife habitat, especially at the elevations where whitetail live. Jack

Fire isn't always bad. In fact, usually isn't unless it is dramitic fire behavior like Rodeo and Dude. There are other parts of the state burning right now that fire managers are letting go and the wildlife are benefiting with fresh green grass already growing where that shot of precipitation hit last week and there are still logs and stumps burning next to the grass clumps.

post-551-1211427078.jpg

post-551-1211427089.jpg

heck, fire is about the same thing as weather. at least naturally occuring fire. but i sure get pissed when the anti-fire guys start the fires. i've known for over a week that high winds were on the way because the jet stream was gonna drop way down here. i guess that the forest circus and burro of land management don't get the weather channel. either that or they do and thought this might be an opportunity to burn somebody out. like the cabins at turkey flat. but that would be a conspiracy theory. and i really don't think these guys are smart enough to conspire. i think they are just too stupid to be able to add 2+2 and come up with 4. Lark.

What is the Whitmire fire?

NEW Frye Mesa (Coronado National Forest): 2,500 acres at zero percent contained. This fire is four miles southwest of Safford. Extreme fire behavior was reported.

Information: Call 520-388-8484.

NEW Whitmire (Coronado National Forest): 3,600 acres at 10 percent contained. This fire is located 25 miles southwest of Safford.

run bears run.

Yes , Yes, yes,... I think we all are aware of and know the benefits of fire. So while we are whining and complaning please try to emagion we are refering to the land that hasn't been loged and has too much fule that equals an unhealthy fire that kills the soil and washes away leaving baren rock landscape and all else that goes with it for years and years. And just let us get our gripes out for the day would ya! Thank you :P ;)