I’m looking to possibly buy a new bow. I really want a short ATA 28”. I’m looking at the Mathews vxr which is like 1000 or the triax which I can find used for like 650-700. I haven’t shot either but I want other opinions on which I should buy. It wouldn’t be very soon.  But just wondering what you guys think would be a better buy. 

I own a Triax and really wanted to buy a new bow this year.  I went down and shot a bunch of the new bows.  The VXR 31.5 was my favorite, but I could not justify if being any better than the Triax.  The Triax is faster and feels the same on the shot.  Best bet is to go down and shoot the VXR and see what you think.  I may still go down and grab a VXR, but I was not blown away.

3 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

I own a Triax and really wanted to buy a new bow this year.  I went down and shot a bunch of the new bows.  The VXR 31.5 was my favorite, but I could not justify if being any better than the Triax.  The Triax is faster and feels the same on the shot.  Best bet is to go down and shoot the VXR and see what you think.  I may still go down and grab a VXR, but I was not blown away.

The shop I go to has both so I think I’ll just try them out. I own a pse right now. It’s pretty good but idk how much better a Mathews is than a pse

All Preference.  Good buddy of mine that shoots a ton, now shoots a PSE.  Best bet is to shoot them all and see what you like.  I tend to lean toward bows that have little to no handshock after the shot.  I also try and find the bow that sounds the quietest to me.  Speed is usually the 3rd thing I look for and how a bow draws is the 4th.  Everyone has their order of importance.  Good luck in your search, I doubt any of today's newer bows will be disappointing.

I'm debating whether to keep shooting my old Switchback XT or get a new VXR. I haven't shot the VXR yet because I'm lefty and not a lot of lefty VXR's out there yet. 

I just upgraded a couple weeks ago. I had been using a switch back xt. I ended up with the Vertix. To me it felt the best when I shot it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DUG said:

I'm debating whether to keep shooting my old Switchback XT or get a new VXR. I haven't shot the VXR yet because I'm lefty and not a lot of lefty VXR's out there yet. 

I think archery hq has some.  At least they did on their Instagram.