COOSEFAN

Whoohoo......found a Coose shed!

Well Butters and I headed down along the border to do some "Pre-Draw" scouting and turned the trip into a fishing/shed hunting trip as well. We put close to 60 miles on the Rhino and finally found access into areas we've been trying to hunt for a while. Seen quite a few bucks sprouting small velvet nubs and never stumbled onto any illegals, so it was a success!

35JonesRhino.jpg

35scoutinteam.jpg

We knew we would be close to one of the lakes down there so we had the poles with us and gave it a try on Sat. It was super windy and TONS of people but after wearing my arm out throwing a crankbait I was able to catch a few VERY small bass and a nice rainbow!

35scout.jpg

I tried my hardest to make this one look like a lunker..... :P

35scout1.jpg

We did hike quite a few miles during the trip looking for sheds and that's one of the most frustrating things to do! You have to dang near step on a fresh Coues shed to see it out there! We crawled through beds and hiked miles of trails and only ended up with one little whitey.......I didn't care though, that little whitey was admired as though it were covered in gold! It's funny to think that if that were a white muley shed I wouldn't have even picked it up......there's just somethin' about them little Coues deer ;) Thanks, JIM>

35shed.jpg

Hope you guys stayed on the road with the golf cart. nice horn. I've had many trips that I only found one, sweatin' bullets all day. It makes those days when you find a pile that much more special!

Hope you guys stayed on the road with the golf cart. nice horn. I've had many trips that I only found one, sweatin' bullets all day. It makes those days when you find a pile that much more special!

Ya know.....it was getting very boring staying on the road and we just weren't finding the sheds that way. The best way to find a Coues shed is to drive your golf cart through and over the thickest stuff you can find and as far away from the road as you can get! My motto is... " Your not a serious shed hunter unless you're having to winch your golf cart over rocks and trees every hundred yards"!

:blink:

AZantlerhead....I fully understand why you would say that, but just so you know, I'm NOT one of those guys. There's enough people on here that know who I am and what my beliefs are so I don't need to prove anything here........just makin' a funny ;) Thanks for your reply!

Hey Doug, It was actually Mearns hunters that told me about the country I was scouting..........I think I'm gonna leave it to the Mearns hunters too! That country is better suited to the road hunters and jump-shooters and I bet those type of hunters do well there. I was hoping to find bigger canyons and taller mountains. I did hear the Mearns hunting was great there and did kick up a few. Found some big fresh bear tracks and saw some Goulds turkeys down in that lower country too!

Love the sarcasm Coosefan!,Really :) I'm glad your not " one of those guys".

"Those guys", put our right to shed hunt and enjoy our land in Jeopardy. I'm a serious horn Hunter and am very passionate to say the least about this subject. Hope you understand. Up here in Show Low the AZGFD allready play "warning adds" on local radio stations, concerning Illegal and Un-ethical rideing directly related to shed hunting. If " those guys" keep it up, well :( :( :( :( I'll Hope to draw a shed hunting tag or get a first come first serve permit, And hope i find that big-one while" in season", Hope I can beet the other thousand people lined up waiting for the warden to open the gate too! These Nightmares are allready real life in other states. No Sarcasm.

I fear theres no stopping , "those guys" and the effect they will have on ALL OF OUR rights. :( :angry:

Wish more would realize this and have the Spine to reverse this process before it's too late, not likely.

It's simply easier to do the wrong thing,just twist the throttle and tell yourself you're not an a-hole and this is how you "connect with nature", i guess-still don't know what goes through their minds on those things??? My dignity however remains in tact while i wear the soles off my boots. I Use an old invention called a pack frame.I am getting older however and will use my horse more in future 2 though- no winch needed.

Hope you enjoy the return sarcasm.

Youre sarcasm is sadly how " Those Guys " actually think though.

Hope to take out my pack for a long haul this weekend! Blood, Sweat and Antlers Baby! GO get umm before it's illegal ya know. Hope to bring out a pile o horns,but Knowing I'll pack out my pride and my garbage.

Srry if i get serious on this one a little. Shed hunting is a big, big,& positive influence on my life, don't know where i'd be without it. We'll probly mess that up for the future gen. though :( If not the latter part of my life 2.

All this aside looks like a fun trip u had Coosefan, Any time u get a fish and a horn in a trip well hey, That's cause for celebration bro! Can't say I've done that one yet.

glad you could find a shed wearing that CW shirt -- I'm thinking of putting mine in the closet -- haven't had any luck in the field while wearing it yet, maybe need to try the GRONG orange... ugh...

Nice pics Jim! Always fun going along with you on your trips through your posts!

Thanks for sportin' the colors!!

And SilentbutDeadly, I guess you better try GRONG orange!

Amanda

Nice rainbow, bass and shed (just the icing on the cake). Looks like a great day to be out and about. -Shiras