Just ran across this today. Borescope that connects to a computer, tablet or smartphone. Base model is on sale for $49.99. Looks like you need accessories to work with a tablet or phone. Has anyone seen one?

https://endosnake.com

Edited by Bucks&bulls

I don't think you need anything fancy (that one doesn't look fancy).   I use one that is super simple.    Can't tell you how many chambers I've look down.   You will learn a ton by looking down chambers.   Best thing you can do is look down a bunch of chambers and see the differences.   After about 10 chambers you will notice a very bid difference and tell roughly how many shots are down the tube.   The key area to look at is right as the bullet leaves the brass.   Also the last few inches of the barrel will tell you quite a bit about how much copper build up you have going on too.   Also there is a big difference between chamber jobs from a gun smith.   Most factory jobs are rough and a good smith will have the chamber looking like glass.   

Reason I asked is I wonder how the optical quality is on this. Do you mind sharing what you use? I have never used a bore scope, I thought using a battery powered bore light instead of a piece of white paper was hi-tech! 😆

I don't know what we use to be honest but I'm sure the endoscope is plenty good for what you need to look at your barrel.   Basically you will look for copper fouling and throat erosion.    Those are easy to see with just about anything.    Only issue is getting something inside of the gun.  

I have one of those cheap chinese versions that hooks up to the phone. It is "ok" but was not meant for a rifle. It doesn't focus well that close up but you can at least get a vague idea of whats going on in there. My buddy has an actual bore scope and it is night and day difference. If that one actually will focus that close I think it will be good.

Thanks for the replies. This is not a must have but a would be nice type of thing. I would rather spend dollars on bullets and powder than something that might not meet my  expectations.

Boy can I relate. I just went through a 10 month billing dispute with insurance for, well, you know.

Talk about adding insult to injury.