Sign in to follow this  
deserttacoma84

New Job Opening!

My employer is currently hiring for a Transportation Analyst. This is a full-time, year-round opportunity working for a great school district with some great benefits. Best of all this is a NON-DRIVING position. Looking for someone with a great technical background in database management. Come work with me and "My Rights As An American"!

Interested folks can apply here:

https://www.applitrack.com/kyrene/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?Category=Education+Support+Professional+-+District+Based&AppliTrackJobId=5055&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1

• Like 4

Chit CNN is trying keep schools closed until at least February..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Still plenty of work to do with or without school in session for this position!!!

44 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Well CNN can suck it! If schools stay closed we will homeschool our kids and never let them go back.. really what are they learning anyways? Sorry you good teachers but for the most part "F" is the grade I give most public school teachers trying to flip our kids. 

• Like 3

Like all things, 20% Excell, 80% fill the square or fail.

Their District is known as a better one. I dealt/am dealing with one that used to be better but I feel has degraded. Finding the right programs for your kids and keeping them on track is almost a full-time job. Cannot leave it up to the schools/educators, parents have to also be very involved and still hope (and pray?). One of the most important time investments we need to make as parents.

We have been very lucky so far, and I mostly "blame" my wife for that! But it is a team "sport".

Proof-

Oldest daughter - senior year for Civil Engineering. Graduated highschool with honors.

Second daughter- junior year Electrical/ Computer Engineering. Graduated highschool barely turning 17. Was on robotics team that went to nationals. Has started her own "niche" custom keyboard company.

Third daughter - just graduated in the top 20 (14th) in her class of 687 kids and in the International Baccalaureate program, barely turning 17. Accepted into the Electrical/Computer Engineering program at the same private university her sister's are attending. This daughter chose to excell, we were just the support team.

Caboose boy - starting sophomore year in highschool one year ahead at 14. Finishing his Eagle Scout Requirements - still challenging at times!

Best investments of my life! Biggest time sinks as well, but well worth it!

Parents HAVE to be totally involved.

• Like 1

Wow you got the best Kids in the world, mine are millennial dumb asses..

2 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Wow you got the best Kids in the world, mine are millennial dumb asses..

I don't believe that for a minute. Plus, we got lucky. Kids ultimately decide who or what they are going to do. But my wife laid out the plan, and we did spend a lot of time on each child. Each one has a different personality.

My second daughter and my caboose son tested my patience. We had a few come to Jesus meetings where they came close to meeting Jesus! I love them very much but I almost wanted to love them to death! I even asked my wife once if we could but my second daughter back where we got her from? Her sophomore year in highschool she fought us at every turn. Then we let her join the new robotics club beginning of her Senior year and poof! A new child was born. She's been great ever since. Go figure?

For the boy, I figured out he needed more one on one campout time. I went on scout outings and then had to step in as Scoutmaster when nobody else would do it. Poof! New son.

• Like 2

I should note, for those semi-retired or stay at home parents, we have openings for school bus drivers and van drivers! Flexible schedules, benefits and we provide all the training!!