Sign in to follow this  
dmoto

10MM Ammo?

1 hour ago, zackcarp said:

I shoot .40 thru my G20 and G29. No issues yet.

Yah that works as the 40 is just a shorter case length  than the 10mm, 3mm difference.  for practice and running some rounds, just might have a little funky feed issues

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 1:31 PM, dmoto said:

Breaking in a Springfield XDm OSP, so just target ammo. I would prefer to shoot 10MM ammo, thank you though.

I bought some in payson a few days ago.  What optic did you go with on the osp?  I put the holosun on mine.  Love it.  

27 minutes ago, bojangles said:

I bought some in payson a few days ago.  What optic did you go with on the osp?  I put the holosun on mine.  Love it.  

Three options. Burris FF3, Venom or Holosun. Leaning towards the Burris. But would like to see in person. Running into the same issues, not being able to find one locally. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dmoto said:

Three options. Burris FF3, Venom or Holosun. Leaning towards the Burris. But would like to see in person. Running into the same issues, not being able to find one locally. 

I had the venom, but it broke when I dropped the gun.  Vortex replaced it for free, but I sold it.  I didn’t like the whole on-off system on the vortex, it was pretty archaic, and the housing was lame.  Holosun has shake awake, solar backup, beefy housing.  Love it.  I haven’t seen the Burris.  But the shake awake and auto off on the holosun are gold.  In other words, when you pick it up, it’s on, and when you set it down, it shuts off.

• Like 1

I shoot .40 through my model 40. If that big beefy pistol can cycle 40 ammo, anything can.

Well, my 6" Dan Wesson Bruin might be difficult. 

Underwood Hardcast rocks.

On 7/1/2020 at 9:42 AM, dmoto said:

Anyone have a lead on where to find 10MM ammo locally in PHX/Mesa? I've been to BPS, Healy, etc for a few weeks now and have come up empty handed.

Guns etc on Alma school and Guadalupe had some in stock yesterday 

• Like 1

Buy a single stage loader and load your own.  It's easy and therapeutic.  

I've been loading 10mm for 10 years.  Keep in mind...there will be loads that will be pathetically inaccurate, but it's still fun and about 40% of the cost of new.

You won't get loads that rival DoubleTap ballistics, but it's not hard to get good plinking loads after some trial and error.