Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

Kirt Darner pleaded guilty!

Check out the story on Kirt Darner on the NMGF website. I used to idolize Darner back in the mid -1980's during his hey day, it stinks to find out your hunting hero is a schister. :angry:

Yeah too bad.. Lots of hot debate about him in years past even on this site.

Yeah. I have heard lots of rumors over the years and his run in's with the law and Boone and Crockett fraud. But I just chalked it up to his ego and stupidity. But a conviction for stolen sheep heads and stealing public land elk shows what a hypocrite he really is.

I have his book "How to find Giant Bucks" and he actually responded to a letter I wrote him once. But all his talk about ethics and what his Dad taught him turned out be to be a bunch of hogwash.

i've known kirt for quite awhile. never hunted with him, but we've kept in touch for quite a few years. this is really a shocker to me. i've always been "on his side" through all the other things he's been through. after reading all the indictment stuff, i really figured he'd walk. sounded to me like the elk tranquilizer deal was pretty weak and it was also a livestock case, not a wildlife case, from what the indictment said. the stolen bighorn deal was a real problem to me. after all the other allegations he'd weathered, why would he do anything that might re-enforce what folks had been saying. glad those guys got their heads back. i'd kill somebody that stoled a bighorn head form me, and i don't have one. looks to me like they must have really had some $h!t on him this time. he agreed to never hunt, fish or own a gun again?!?! whoa, that's some pretty tough stuff to agree to when you were once considered to be the most elite hunter there was. can he get a visa with these convictions? if he can, i imagine he'll spend a lot of time in mexico, where the u.s. laws don't apply. too bad kirt. guess i was wrong about ya. i still have my doubts about how guilty he was in the nailor buck deal. i still don't think they are the same deer. i know the guy that is listed as the owner of the nailor buck and he said it had the skull plate repaired with fiberglass. kirt's doesn't. that and the c-14 dating sorta makes me think they are 2 different deer. but this pleading guilty deal, you only do that to keep from getting hammered in court. i can't imaging what it would be like to never be able to hunt, fish or shoot, again. ain't no way i'd be able to live up to those terms. he must have been looking at some real hard time, not just theoretical sentencing, for him to plea. at 69, he's in for a miserable old age. getting old really stinks. getting old and not being able to do anything but sit on the porch and know the whole world knows you're a liar and thief, well that don't sound like much fun to me. gotta be worse than even prison. Lark.

i've known kirt for quite awhile. never hunted with him, but we've kept in touch for quite a few years. this is really a shocker to me. i've always been "on his side" through all the other things he's been through. after reading all the indictment stuff, i really figured he'd walk. sounded to me like the elk tranquilizer deal was pretty weak and it was also a livestock case, not a wildlife case, from what the indictment said. the stolen bighorn deal was a real problem to me. after all the other allegations he'd weathered, why would he do anything that might re-enforce what folks had been saying. glad those guys got their heads back. i'd kill somebody that stoled a bighorn head form me, and i don't have one. looks to me like they must have really had some $h!t on him this time. he agreed to never hunt, fish or own a gun again?!?! whoa, that's some pretty tough stuff to agree to when you were once considered to be the most elite hunter there was. can he get a visa with these convictions? if he can, i imagine he'll spend a lot of time in mexico, where the u.s. laws don't apply. too bad kirt. guess i was wrong about ya. i still have my doubts about how guilty he was in the nailor buck deal. i still don't think they are the same deer. i know the guy that is listed as the owner of the nailor buck and he said it had the skull plate repaired with fiberglass. kirt's doesn't. that and the c-14 dating sorta makes me think they are 2 different deer. but this pleading guilty deal, you only do that to keep from getting hammered in court. i can't imaging what it would be like to never be able to hunt, fish or shoot, again. ain't no way i'd be able to live up to those terms. he must have been looking at some real hard time, not just theoretical sentencing, for him to plea. at 69, he's in for a miserable old age. getting old really stinks. getting old and not being able to do anything but sit on the porch and know the whole world knows you're a liar and thief, well that don't sound like much fun to me. gotta be worse than even prison. Lark.

No, at least on the porch you don't have a girlfriend named Big Bubba.

a prison sentence has an end to it. "NEVER" hunting or fishing or shooting again, don't. he's gotta spend the rest o' his life trying to live down whatever the heck it is he did. that's a lotta guilt, even for a guy that doesn't seem to have a conscience, to live with. 4 years in prison ain't nothin' compared to forever. every day when he wakes up, as soon as the reality of the day hits him, he's gonna have all that crap smack him in the face. i still wonder why it was livestock violations? it's says they were wild elk. so why wasn't it game violations? sounds to me like it was pretty much what we used to call "rustlin'". and the bighorn theft was only theft. shouldn't that be a game violation? i guess if they crossed the state line with em, then the lacy act might come in to play later. but then you might be getting into the double jeopardy deal. i'm guessing that they didn't have any kind of a wildlife case against him or they would have prosecuted it as such. part of the deal he offered them must have been the no hunting and fishing deal, because i don't think they could take your hunting license for rustling livestock. could they? heck, i ain't no lawyer. i know he had cancer awhile back but he told me he was well and felt fine. knowing him, i can't help but feel a little bit sorry for him. but you can only fool folks for so long. too bad. because all BS aside, he was a helluva hunter. too bad he let the fame get ahead of the desire. well, there's a buncha other guys out there just as bad. be nice to see em all go down in flames. Lark.