turkeyneck

Sheep Clinic

3 minutes ago, 131 said:

I believe the sheep clinic is worth going to if possible. It is not a fundraiser like some of the other things you go to. They will probably ask you to become a member which unless something has changed means they will give you a plaque with your name, unit and score if you harvest. Their membership is not expensive and I believe it is a small price to pay for a group of people who have dedicated a whole bunch of their time trying to help put sheep on the mountains so you can harvest a once in a lifetime animal. At the clinic you will get information about hunting sheep from people who have done it for years. Game and Fish officers from your units will be there so you can talk to them. You will most likely get to meet the other tag holders if your unit has multiple tags and get a feeling for how your hunt might go as far as competition. Another reason to go is to see the mounts from the previous year that are brought in for the recognition dinner. They will all have the scores and unit posted with them as well. I try to go most years to look at the mounts. There usually is a recognition dinner for those who harvested the year before during which they get their plaque if they are a member. Good luck to you lucky tag holders, enjoy the ride! Hopefully you will get to put your hands on a magnificent animal that very few people will have the opportunity to hunt.

Very well said.

On 7/25/2020 at 2:24 PM, trphyhntr said:

Like RMEF? It’s like a banquet with raffles and stuff?

If they have one will go together, the Kids supposed to bring his mount if he would ever decide on how his grandpa's going to do it and fast. October 4th.

So last year there was a sheep clinic was in the morning and the banquet at night in the same location.   The clinic is worth going to if you aren't very comfortable with scoring sheep.   You will learn a bunch about what to look for in a good old ram.   They do spend a bit of time talking about really basic hunting which got a bit old at times.   Though I'm sure that some hunters needed that too.  The best part is almost all of the rams that were harvested the prior year were displayed at the clinic.   Complete with unit # and score.   It's very cool to see all the different sheep in one location and be able to compare them.    That in of itself is worth the trip.....unless you are a sheep bad butt.    If so, then sleep in and get drunk at the banquet.   

• Like 2

I wanted to let you all know the Sheep Hunting Clinic is being live streamed tomorrow morning starting at 8am.  There will be a link on ADBSS.org to view the webcast.  There are also some information materials on the website.

If you have any questions let me know

Andy

602-881-0610

• Like 2