Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Desert Shooting

Recommended Posts

I just looked into BLM and still the same fire and shooting ban with the exception of down in Cochise County

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2020 at 8:27 PM, Edge said:

I just looked into BLM and still the same fire and shooting ban with the exception of down in Cochise County

I didn't see the notice and was planning on heading out in 34s to shoot on BLM. Where is the notice for the Gila District / Tucson area?

Main BLM Rec Shooting page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called Tonto just to see what they had planned and as of now the restriction is scheduled to end on the 30th, but he gave me the impression they were going to extend it. At least he made it very clear it was an option and was being discussed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure that's portions of Cochise and Santa Cruz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edge said:

Pretty sure that's portions of Cochise and Santa Cruz?

State Land still has a restriction, but they had a restriction anyway.
Gila District BLM land have no current restriction on recreational shooting, the other districts do.

https://www.blm.gov/programs/public-safety-and-fire/fire-and-aviation/regional-info/arizona/fire-restrictions

image.png.f8322b0fe662b3b95b4323ee81722aca.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewlyMinted said:

State Land still has a restriction, but they had a restriction anyway.
Gila District BLM land have no current restriction on recreational shooting, the other districts do.

https://www.blm.gov/programs/public-safety-and-fire/fire-and-aviation/regional-info/arizona/fire-restrictions

image.png.f8322b0fe662b3b95b4323ee81722aca.png

Target shooting is never allowed on State Trust Land unless it's a designated firing range.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edge said:

Target shooting is never allowed on State Trust Land unless it's a designated firing range.

Every sign on state trust says no target shooting, but it seems as if know one cares.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Edge said:

Target shooting is never allowed on State Trust Land unless it's a designated firing range.

Yep! Happy to find some good BLM land! Thanks for sharing the fire restrictions page .. that’s a handy link I’d never seen before. I’ve always just checked the BLM site directly but this is better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy plinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×