Sobrbiker

OTC Elk questions

I’m curious about the OTC elk hunts, and have a question regarding land ownership in the WH/Rincon Basin areas...

With the patchwork of BLM and land owned by tribes/tribal trusts, the question I have is this:

are the parcels owned by tribe Mgmt or tribal LLC’s off limits (sovereign like the actual reservatio) or are they private land parcels subject to the same signage regulations as other lands in AZ?

I’ve hunted coyotes up in that area before (pre-OnX) and didn’t even know I was on private lands (no signage).

4 minutes ago, Sobrbiker said:

And are the OTC tags still avail at AZGFD or was it a limited number thing?

Typically you can get the otc tags anywhere that sells tags.  Its nice to get them from game and fish though because they have an information packet they can give you that kind of explains each area.  It may actually shed light on your question.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Typically you can get the otc tags anywhere that sells tags.  Its nice to get them from game and fish though because they have an information packet they can give you that kind of explains each area.  It may actually shed light on your question.  

Thanks. I’m used to picking up the non-permit tags for deer, lion, bear etc.

Just didn’t know on the elk.

I'm looking into it for the Dec Verde Valley hunt for the middle son.

I've spent some time up there this weekend and it's a great area. I'll be scouting soon- about an hour away.

• Like 2