Sign in to follow this  
catfish

Unit 3C Population management

We are hunting in unit 3C population management this year. We have done some scouting but haven't really seen anything. This is a new hunting area for us so we are appreciative of any tips/info you can give us. This area also seems really small and void of elk.

What population management hunt?   You talking the fools hollow hunt that is under the general ek hunts?    Lots of elk.   Telephone lake.  Burton.   Lone pine dam. Capps.  Have heard there is a big group by schoens.  Plus you have two weeks to hunt !!!!

my first choice is now within city limits.  my bad.

all the area east of Capps Ranch-the private land there is no more than one section and travel is entirely open all the way to linden and burton. 

every year many elk are killed just off bull hollow road just north of the last house in Burton.

good luck,

lee

Had a hunt in that unit first week of Nov. Knew where some animals were, weather changed for the worst, and never saw a thing. There are certainly a lot of elk in the unit though. Look around 126 and 146 roads, around black canyon lake area, and check game and fish site for other locations. Ive see a ton of elk in this narrow unit. 

29 minutes ago, mulie hunter said:

They got one down!  One to go!IMG_1291.jpg.266b6be1beb09fdb4513b4ac86b21920.jpg

Thanks Stanley for the info

EXCELLENT!!!!    Super glad it's working-out for the boys!  (Brian was nice enough to text me the pic, also. )

Hopefully they find another one. ;) 

• Like 3