Sign in to follow this  
Freakycamo

gun value

Good morning all.

My father is looking to get rid of one of his guns, but we don't know the value of it. He has an old colt ar-15 from about 1983 low round count and it has the carry handle and forward assist and he said that it also has the heavy barrel.

Thanks all

Is the handle removable? What condition? Twenty inch HBar? Box and paperwork? When Joe takes over it'll be worth twice what it's worth now. LOL

As L Cazador said, condition, model number, pre-ban etc. Prices are very strong right now for these. I would say go on Gun Broker and similar sites and compare what you have. The H Bars were very desireable and IIRC wholesale on them around 1990 was in the $550 range.

Back then it would have been a A2 and they didn't have removable handles. if I recall the A1 was with the triangle forends A2 was round.

right around that time frame they had 2 types one with bayonet lug and one with out. the one without was the style after the MC PAIN Gun ban the one with was before the MC PAIN gun ban.

I dont know much about ar's just remember that time frame as I have one of the pre MC PAIN gun ban colts as well as the 1st Bushmaster shorty with collapse stock  10.5" barrel and silver soldered 6" brake I think they called it the xm something.

I also remember something about the colts putting  a block in the lower