Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Fire restrictions

Where do you folks get your info on current status???? Tonto is awful on simple things that are very important and a search of their site offers no information that I have found yet

Again nothing I see in this link says if I “can” have a fire in front of my tent. I know if I “should “ but have no idea if I will be ticketed or not. Oh well ,,, truck is loaded with wood so we will see. 

They lifted the fire ban the shortly before the late rifle bull hunt. Here is the info from Tonto's website.

Tonto National Forest lifts fire and target shooting restrictions

Date(s): Nov 10, 2020

PHOENIX, Nov. 10, 2020 –The Tonto National Forest in coordination with federal, state, and local partners will terminate the current Stage 1 Fire Restrictions and recreational shooting restriction effective Nov. 11, 2020 at 8 a.m. due to recent moisture, cooler temperatures and reduced fire activity.

Funny I got rained on two days but it was so windy I never lit a fire. Left early too due to endless wind. Almost sunk the boat with it beached and waves coming over the back. Got tired of getting whipped in the head by the tent. 

17 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Funny I got rained on two days but it was so windy I never lit a fire. Left early too due to endless wind. Almost sunk the boat with it beached and waves coming over the back. Got tired of getting whipped in the head by the tent. 

We drove over middle mountain road in 27  a week ago, it looked like somebody had gone through with a horrible weed eater and munched off the branches of trees right next to the road.....10-12' up, I think they got a microburst wind storm of some sort through there with those branches so dry they just shred/snapped, I'll dig for a picture...........