azelkhunter69

Enough moisture?

Just now, GreyGhost85 said:

If so, i’m still waiting on that year where my genetics make me go from 240lbs to 210lbs without any change in diet. 

That’s really easy, simply increase your total daily energy expenditure. But that’s exactly why bulls theoretically should need a lot of feed to grow excessive antlers 

Then I’ve heard that animals switch feeds in drought years to plants that provide more protein or whatever nutrients but that doesn’t make sense to me at face value 

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

Then I’ve heard that animals switch feeds in drought years to plants that provide more protein or whatever nutrients but that doesn’t make sense to me at face value 

Preference vs. Selection.

Some guys like X lite and won't touch an IPA. If X lite is gone from the cooler, but some IPAs are still there, it may not be their preference, but they will select it, and get more lit in the process 👍 hope this helps. 

5 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Preference vs. Selection.

Some guys like X lite and won't touch an IPA. If X lite is gone from the cooler, but some IPAs are still there, it may not be their preference, but they will select it, and get more lit in the process 👍 hope this helps. 

Doesn’t make sense to me. Why would they avoid a nutrient dense plant during wet years? Unless it was only available during drought years 

edit: I drink ipas and coors light on the same nights all the time 

10 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Doesn’t make sense to me. Why would they avoid a nutrient dense plant during wet years? Unless it was only available during drought years 

edit: I drink ipas and coors light on the same nights all the time 

Some people think IPAs taste like bitter chit, even if there is 'more' in it. They would rather drink 18 X lite than 6 IPAs. If you can't make some type of correlation out of that, we ought to just talk about the draw.

I think they elk eat what’s available and wouldn’t pass up nutrient dense food. The topic is moisture related to antler growth, and If you’re saying that drought years they get as big or bigger because of a change in diet I find that hard to believe. I could be wrong maybe they do get bigger on drought years, I’ve never done a controlled study on that, I guess you have 

Just now, trphyhntr said:

and If you’re saying that drought years they get as big or bigger because of a change in diet I find that hard to believe.

Wow, you do like putting words in people's mouths.

3 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Wow, you do like putting words in people's mouths.

You know what if* means, and if you weren’t saying than what were you saying? I want to learn, teach me 

34 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I started with this quote. 

13 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

You went to this. Which to me sounds a bit like an insult. 

what is the correlation to drought conditions and bulls getting bigger than during wet years. I want to learn 

You guys are amusing. I drink Coors Light only, and can increase my body weight easily  by drinking more of it at any time.  However my rack never gets bigger or smaller.  Anyone concerned about antler quality please suspend your  your cc before the draw and I will happily hunt these sub potential bulls if I draw.

• Like 1

And accusing me of putting words in someone’s mouth when this started with  assuming I didn’t care about age and genetics when I only mentioned feed. 

3 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

You guys are amusing. I drink Coors Light only, and can increase my body weight easily  by drinking more of it at any time.  However my rack never gets bigger or smaller.  Anyone concerned about antler quality please suspend your  your cc before the draw and I will happily hunt these sub potential bulls if I draw.

Well beer has estrogenic effect I’ve heard so you could grow man boobs from drinking it 

Well, I guess I meant my  single spike antler...although if I drink too much it could be considered being in velvet too long.  No man boobs here..

• Haha 2