Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

So tell us what happened.....

5 minutes ago, 360 0r Better said:

If it was an elk you probably wouldn’t be available for a tell us what happened.

When my wife was still working a few decades back, one of her co-workers and family were driving in a van at night on SR89 Utah. They hit an elk, and it came through the windshield. An antler tine pierced the head of the gal's husband who was driving. The van crashed, seriously injuring the others in the vehicle, and the guy was dead on the scene.   

When my oldest son lived in Colorado for a time in the 1980s, he hit a mule deer doe in his Nissan PU at about 50 mph. It did just under $5,000 in damage. That would likely translate to about $12,000 in today's dollars. 🤣

4 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

When my wife was still working a few decades back, one of her co-workers and family were driving in a van at night on SR89 Utah. They hit an elk, and it came through the windshield. An antler tine pierced the head of the gal's husband who was driving. The van crashed, seriously injuring the others in the vehicle, and the guy was dead on the scene.   

When my oldest son lived in Colorado for a time in the 1980s, he hit a mule deer doe in his Nissan PU at about 50 mph. It did just under $5,000 in damage. That would likely translate to about $12,000 in today's dollars. 🤣

Yeah....you don't want to wish elk on the windshield to anyone......it ain't pretty!!!