Sign in to follow this  
7magman

Bow shops in NE AZ

I'm looking at picking up a new bow and was wondering what the opinions are as far as good shops in NE AZ. There are a few locations in the White Mtns. and Flag. Not really set on one manufacturer, just want a good shop that does great set up and tuning.

I work for the Park Service and live in Holbrook. I haven't been in town long and will check out Lonesome Pine. The few times I've went by it hasn't been open. I'll check it out in the morning and maybe Timber Mesa in the afternoon. Thanks for the help.

If you come to the White Mountains, you have to check out Jed Larson's Bowtech shop in Show Low. I don't even know what it's called, as he has only recently renovated the better part of a cell phone store as an archery shop, but I can tell you unequivocally, that Jed knows more about setting up and fine-tuning bows than any other archery technician I've ever met - he SERIOUSLY knows his stuff. BTW, his custom, pre-stretched bow strings totally eliminate the "creep" that you sometimes get with a new bow causing your peep to rotate. I've shot thousands of arrows from the bow he set up for me and the peep still always aligns perfectly without a rubber tube. If you want to check out his shop, PM me and I'll get you some good directions.

Jason

If you come to the White Mountains, you have to check out Jed Larson's Bowtech shop in Show Low. I don't even know what it's called, as he has only recently renovated the better part of a cell phone store as an archery shop, but I can tell you unequivocally, that Jed knows more about setting up and fine-tuning bows than any other archery technician I've ever met - he SERIOUSLY knows his stuff. BTW, his custom, pre-stretched bow strings totally eliminate the "creep" that you sometimes get with a new bow causing your peep to rotate. I've shot thousands of arrows from the bow he set up for me and the peep still always aligns perfectly without a rubber tube. If you want to check out his shop, PM me and I'll get you some good directions.

Jason

i second this his cell phone shop is called mobile cellular, he sells bowtech and limbsaver bows and diamond, if he doesnt have something he can get it for you and he just started carrying vortex binoculars and spotting scopes.......cbryant

Jason

i second this his cell phone shop is called mobile cellular, he sells bowtech and limbsaver bows and diamond, if he doesnt have something he can get it for you and he just started carrying vortex binoculars and spotting scopes.......cbryant

I third this. Jed Larson does the best job up in not only the white mountains but in Az! He knows more than anyone I know. I didn't even know him, but he took the time to go over my old bow and tune it up just right. He is awesome to deal with and very friendly and I will give him a 100% of my business as well as recommend him to all bowhunters. Other shops are good, But Jed goes over and beyond in helping you out. He makes custom strings to which are very nice.

Jed is a great guy to deal with, one of my favorite guys in the archery business. I remember him working at BM down here years ago, very helpful and knows alot. I had heard he was guiding but didnt know he had his own shop. I will be looking for his shop the next time I am in the white mtns just to say hi. Does anyone know what brands he carries.

he is carrying bowtech diamond and the limbsaver bows,,,vortex optics and all the stuff of a normal shop,,,plus verizon cell phones. you can get a dozen arrows and pay your verizon bill all in one stop.....cbryant