Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Another quail hatch

Well, it's been a strange year for quail babies at my house. Usually we have lots, but this year it seemed many of the nests failed early and then we had a weak hatch later, but now we have more very young quail.

They like to feed and dust bathe in my yard. Unfortunately our neighbor has free ranging cats that spend time in our yard....grrrrrrrrr.....

Some pics taken through my office window and some are digiscoped too:

post-1-1218407300_thumb.jpg

post-1-1218407321_thumb.jpg

post-1-1218407359_thumb.jpg

post-1-1218407379_thumb.jpg

post-1-1218407587_thumb.jpg

post-1-1218407398_thumb.jpg

post-1-1218407415_thumb.jpg

+1 for pellet guns, i had problems with cats on my baby african tortises....aint seen a cat in the yard for years now.....think the pup helps out now to. Useless animals.

Those are some very fine pics. Get a trap for that cat, better yet call Mark Boyd at Gila County Animal Control 425-5882 and he will come take care of him for you. Let me know if you want to do it I have a trap and will get rid of it for you. ;)

Cool pics Amanda! Thanks for sharing. Reminds me of growing-up in Kearny as a boy. We lived on the outskirts and had TONS of quail around. One evening my dad and I sat on our patio and counted over 90 birds jumping one by one up into our olive tree to roost!!!

Makes me want to go bird hunting!!! ;)

S.

:)

PS: I ALWAYS left the 'house quail' alone. Never hunted them..... my mom wouldn't of had it!! LOL...