Red Rabbit

Casey had an OK hunt

This is Casey, Doug is posting these pictures for me. had a good pig hunt, got this Sow on opening morning.

Caseyslion0001_edited.jpg

Caseyslion0002_edited.jpg

Caseyslion0003_edited.jpg

oh, i almost forgot about the lion got her this weekend also!. a buddy glassed her up and the stalk was on! to make a long story short, i snuck up behind her and got within 20 feet before i shot! i shot her with my passed grandpas .270!!!! Ernesto, it only took me one shot! can you believe that! it was awesome! i will never forget this! i will post the whole story later today from my computer!!!!

WOW!!! Now that would be awesome!! A lion and a pig on one hunt. Congrats on both your trophy's and congrats to your buddy for glassing that lion up!!

You gonna get a full body mount?

ps. I was also about 20 feet from a lion in 2004. Unfortuately all I had was a 4" blade buck knife and I was more concerned about being the hunted than actually doing the hunting.

heres the whole story:

i killed my pig friday morning, i left camp by myself, and came back with a pig :) but i had help i was walking out when i passed one of my hunting partners who had spotted a herd of pigs not 200 yards where i had been glassing! so we turned around and got into them...

my dad, little brother, and i were out trying to find him a pig. we get a call on the radio from one of our buddies who we are hunting with saying he has a lion glassed up. i haul but back to the truck to grab my .270( which i brought for just such a case) and i grab him his 7mmWSM. i jump in the truck and go meet him by the road. he shows me the area that they are in (WAAAAYYYYYYY up there) and off we go. it took us only about 1 1/2 hours to get to the saddle where we were 266 yards away but we couldnt see them because they laid down on the other side of the rocks. so we demised a game plan that i would basically go above and behind them, and then just walk down right up on them. when i got up there, i completely lost my bearings. so were talking on the radio and im thinking im gonna get to these rocks, and be looking over the rocks about 100 yards from where the lions are. i get to the outcropping and am talking to him asking him where i need to be to see them. im on the right side of the outcropping and he says "is there anything on the other side of the rocks?"

i walk about 2 more steps on the other side of the rocks and my cat is sitting on a rock about 20 feet from me with her back turned to me, has no idea i am there. i get the .270 up and fire a round. when i get back on her, i see her fall, kitty down! i then hear his 7WSM with the muzzle break go off and i am watchung as his cat goes down! two lions down spot and stalk style!! woohoo!!!!!

on my way on the stalk, i took a moment and asked my grandpa to help me out on this and he did! after i realized that i had taken a lion with my grandpas help and his rifle, i kind of becamse over whelmed with emotion and let out a tear or two! what a great day! i was pumped, to say the least!

WOW Casey!! That is super impressive. Getting that close to a stealthy predator like that is a feat that few hunters could do.

Super for taking out a couple lions and the Javelina is pure gravy.

Thanks for sharing the pics and story.

PS I bet your gandpa loved watching and helping you from his place!

Awesome man!!!! In that one pic the cat looks like it has spots on it? Was this a mother and young one?? If so, and those are spots I wouldn't be posting those pics as it is a big NO NO to take any female with spotted kittens or any spotted kittens. Hope it's just the pic....

Geoff

THE LION DOES NOT HAVE SPOTS, IT IS A TOTALLY LEGAL LION, IT WAS 2 SISTER LIONS, IT HAS NO SPOTS... THE PICTURE QUALITY IS VERY BAD, VERY CHEAP DIGITAL CAMERA

Congrats Casey on a successful hunt.

Much congrats on that lion. Its not everyday that you get to put a stalk on one.

Even sweeter that you bagged it with your Gramps .270

He was indeed hunting there with you.

Great job Casey! Even if it did have spots I think it would be considered a color variation and not a spotted kitten, if that's a kitten I would hate to see the parents!!

Knock the heck out of them Coues eat'n suckers!

good job casey. kill alla them lions. that javelina on the left is the biggest one i ever seen. musta been somebodies pet tho, seein' as how it's all dressed in camo an' all. now get back to them banjo lessons. Lark.

Spots or no spots glad to see a couple of deer killing machine's hit the dirt. Sorry if you took what I said the wrong way and congrats on the lions and stink hog!!!

Geoff

no offense taken, just wanted to tell everyone it is not a spotted cat, it is about a 2 year old female, and the other one was her sister....

alsmost forgot to say... when we were following the blood from the second lion "heres some, o heres some more, OH SH!@#!@# THERE SHE IS AND SHES ALIVE LOOKING AT ME!!!! ( 15 FEET THIS TIME) so my buddy puts another round in his lion from about 15 feet! talk about getting the blood going!!!!!

there was a herd of deer that busted out about 300-400 yards below the cats after the shootin started!