Sign in to follow this  
sandman

Father Son Turkeys

After a slow morning on the second day of the hunt colton and I decided to take a walk on a ridge where we had seen a lot of turkey sign. My dad would drive around the ridge and pick us up on the other side. When Colton and I reached the top of the ridge we did a yelp and immediately had a gobble in front of us. I looked up and could see that it was coming toward us. We hurried up and found a place to set up and waited. He came in to 25 yards when I shot.I called Dad to tell him the good news, and he said he was going to try some calling while he was waiting for us to get down the mountain. As colton and I were headed back we heard a gunshot and both of us couldn't believe it. My dad had just got one too. Both of us tagged out within 20 minutes of each other. Awesome day and one of the most memorable trips I have had.

post-5831-0-67838800-1336346447_thumb.jpg

Nice birds! Congrats to all three of you!

Congratulations on you and Dad's turkeys. Sounds like you three had a great day. It's always nice when it all comes together. Thanks for sharing the story and picture. :)

TJ

Wow - that is really cool. Congrats on a great hunt, and thanks for sharing it here.

what an awesome story! Congrats to all. Hunting with family--especially your dad, that is what it is all about!

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters