Sign in to follow this  
Avid Hunter

You don't see this very often... Banded Dove

/>

They sent this to me over email.. pretty neat to see more detailed info

BirdBand_zps62454dc4.jpeg

cool, thanks for sharing the info and for turning it in. "Encountered" ....you would think they might have a different designation for a hunter killed bird.

I thought that was funny as well! I was expecting them to try and be politically correct with "harvested" or something. haha

/>

They sent this to me over email.. pretty neat to see more detailed info

BirdBand_zps62454dc4.jpeg

cool, thanks for sharing the info and for turning it in. "Encountered" ....you would think they might have a different designation for a hunter killed bird.

I thought that was funny as well! I was expecting them to try and be politically correct with "harvested" or something. haha

HA!! Wait until PeTA hears about this...you can expect picketers and protesters outside your house any day now....

I shot a banded one about 4 years ago up near red rocks that was banded 5 years before that. I'll dig up the cert as well!

Just got one today. Pretty cool to walk up on it and see the band. Reported it right then with my iPhone. Got the certificate and history of the bird while still hunting. Was funny after that bird we were all " disappointed " when collecting our dove when none of them had bands. Lol.

post-2234-0-44158000-1504841989_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I wonder how many bands they collect down in Argentina???

Different type of Doves down there, ours don't migrate to there.

We actually killed a banded duck in Uruguay once. It was on a teal and it was a mallard sized band that the over crimped to fit. It just said the word "Brazil" and a bunch of numbers. The bird boys and outfitter had never seen one out of the tens of thousands of ducks they shoot!!!
  • Like 1