8OWHUNT247

Taxidermy Nightmare!

I've always wanted to go to Utah

Huh?

Yeah I called Greg at Trails End and he has a large chunk of frozen hides of cats, bears, etc from Kip! Greg was very nice and understanding and returned a frozen bobcat pelt that I now have in my freezer. Here in a few months I'm hoping to have SWwildlife mount it for me.

• Like 1

TaxidermyAZ has updated their website today and now has a new email for contact. Hopefully, things will all work out for people who left capes and hides with Jeff.

Did Tom call you keith? He said you guys had made contact and he was supposed to call later last night to talk. Let me know.

Yes, Tom and I talked and he earned my respect for what he is doing to remedy the negative situation.

I spoke with Greg at Trails End Taxidermy today and he sounds like a really nice guy, but he wanted me to let all of Kip Love's customers know that when Kip stopped by his shop to drop off all the hides and skin's on his way out of town that he left everything a mess. He said there were no names attached to anything, no inventory numbers to go off of, nothing. So sadly, he said he had to throw most of it in the dumpster! I really wish Kip would have let me know he was skipping town and I could have takeny bear somewhere else. On the bright side I'm only out $1,000, Greg told me that Kip had a customer that had over $30,000 worth of animals from his African Safari with this guy.

Why would you throw out someons hide? Than God my Taxidermist is not only a friend, but a class act & would never do this to someone. Horrible story!

• Like 2

Big Browns - I went thru most of Kip's hides he dumped on me when he left. Almost all of them were a green soupy mess, it appears his freezer had gone out at some point. I have an apprentice that went thru them one by one to see if anything was salvageable. That is why they were dumped as they were garbage. I do have a life size bear and the owner has been contacted by myself. Kip moved to the salt lake city area and now works for a new taxidermist up there. I believe it is called Antler Addiction? You can call around and find out where he is if you are missing anything. He has gone belly up twice now with peoples mounts and money. This makes 6 taxidermists this past year that have gone belly up in Phoenix alone.

• Like 2

I'm sure it doesn't make one feel real safe dropping your animals off - not knowing the what if.

Sad when one or even a couple of these - "so called" people - cheat customers out of not only the money but the mounts- it kinda ruins the whole memory.

Anyone who thinks this taxidermy business is easy should just get the job of fleshing out the head/ hides - take your next kill and try it -I'm sure someone skilled can get it done" RIGHT" in a couple hrs . if care and deatail isn't takin in every step of the process - you'll know!

these guys spend a lot of time and effert to recreate something YOU can be proud of and cherish.

MY hat is off to all the taxidermist who give the quality mounts I see coming from around our state.

KUDO"S to all those guys

to the guys whom screwed a lot of people - know they'll get it in the end -- guys moved out of our great state or their reputation is gone forever- you deserve as you give!

• Like 1

In the future, whenever you are having a mount done that is a horned animal, always keep the horns yourself. They do not need them until the cape is on the form and ready for completion. In case of the shop closing, you at least will have the important part of your trophy. Capes can be replaced. I have used Frank Jiminez, A-Z Seivers Mountain Valley taxidermy for years. He is honest, reliable and fast. His work is outstanding. Good luck getting your trophy back, I am sure it will turn out well.

post-10954-1026615_thumb.jpg

Big Browns - I went thru most of Kip's hides he dumped on me when he left. Almost all of them were a green soupy mess, it appears his freezer had gone out at some point. I have an apprentice that went thru them one by one to see if anything was salvageable. That is why they were dumped as they were garbage. I do have a life size bear and the owner has been contacted by myself. Kip moved to the salt lake city area and now works for a new taxidermist up there. I believe it is called Antler Addiction? You can call around and find out where he is if you are missing anything. He has gone belly up twice now with peoples mounts and money. This makes 6 taxidermists this past year that have gone belly up in Phoenix alone.

Thank you for clearing up the story. I apolagize for making it sound like it was your fault. I did not intend to blame you. I'm sure your in a very tough spot & you are doing the best you can with what you have. Best of luck!