8OWHUNT247

Taxidermy Nightmare!

He had a big beautiful shop, then reduced down to his house, and then the letter.

To me that says it all. Think of a reason why he would close up a beautiful shop and I bet it relates to $$$$$$$$$$$! When the cash dwindled, he decided to cut overhead by working out of his house. So while the "zoning" might have come into play then,it likely wasn't why he's going out of business. And if he needs to raise cash to complete what he has, he's probably tapped out with creditors, as well.

• Like 1

I look at it like this. You have a contract or reciept or something.

Well this guy goes belly up and that contract or reciept dont mean squat.

Go get it back.

• Like 1

This is too comical..... I dropped off game to this guy as well and was suppose to have it back in October. I got called from him asking if I could have the $$ ready cuz my mount was gonna be done in 10 days..... That was in July..... Then he told me a month after that to give him 2 weeks..... Same thing still waiting...... Oh and I got the response about the Hyde being completed just waiting on form....... Have u got the email that was suppose to go out with the completion of yer mount yet???? I'm still waiting.....

• Like 1

Money is just money but your hide and horns are unique and special. Get them back! It may cost you some more money to complete your mount with another taxidermist, but at least you will get it. It's not like you can put the additional money on the wall and relive special memories each time you look at it. Get your stuff today!

• Like 2

Any updates ? Seems like this guy is trying to make it right.

I had a mishap with a local taxidermist and ended up paying double to get my hide and horns back. Jerry Clairno was unavailable to deal with my cape and told me to take it one of the other local guys. I did and got some really bad advice on the size of the deer (I really think he wanted to hijack my cape-- it was the biggest neck size he'd seen that yr. I got into it big time with his father, too). It was a long time ago but I think the going rate to cape, clean up, and have it tanned was like $75-$100 and I ended up paying $200. Jerry gave me full credit for the charges, though.

I hope you you are able to get it back for a reasonable fee but that is what I paid about 22 yrs ago.

I agree and would very quickly get your deer back and be thankful he was up front enough to give you a warning. He could've just shut the doors and walked away without looking back.

/>I agree and would very quickly get your deer back and be thankful he was up front enough to give you a warning. He could've just shut the doors and walked away without looking back.

Very true! If anyone knows where I can find Kip Love with Exclusive Taxidermy from Queen Creek please let me know. I would like to pick up my first bobcat that was paid for. I'm wishful thinking but maybe someone knows where he is.

So, I take my largest Mule Deer to date to "Taxidermy AZ" here in Phoenix. Jeff Paulson had quite the portfolio and is obviously a talented person. I was really starting to get excited to get my wall pedestal back, time wise, it should have been here already. Next, I get an email from Jeff with the subject "Trophy Update", I get a big ol' smile thinking its an update of good news. Instead, this is what is attached.

November 04, 2013 Dear Valued Customer, First and foremost I would like to thank you for your patronage and all the wonderful friends and customers I have had the pleasure to meet over the past three years while operating Taxidermy AZ, it has been a wonderful experience. Unfortunately, circumstances related to zoning in the city of Glendale have forced my hand and resulted in the closing of the Taxidermy AZ studios. After careful thought and consideration I wanted to emphasize to you and ensure you that your mount will be completed in a professional manner with the assistance of my brother, also a licensed taxidermist in the city of Phoenix. Please understand your trophy is completely safe and you are at no risk of loosing your valuable trophy. With that being said my Tom brother will be finishing up the balance of my workload while I go back to work to provide the finances required to complete each mount. Please be patient as the work is transitioned and completed as quickly and efficiently as possible without jeopardizing quality. However, If for any reason you wish to terminate our contract and take possession of your trophy I completely understand. All I ask is that you please provide me written notice and allow 24 hrs for me to get your trophy ready for pick up. I look forward to hearing from you and hope you will allow us to finish your trophy in the coming months. Kind regards, Jeff Paulson

My heart sank.. Last time I spoke with him he said he had just got my hide back. I am assuming (because he won't respond to emails) that that's where it sits now.. Horns, Completed Hide, and ....????... Is anyone else dealing with this now? Hopefully a taxidermist sponsor on this site can give me some suggestions. Do I need to worry and get my incomplete deer back from him? Thanks, looking forward to thoughts..

Call me. I will send you a PM. Long story. I took my first elk and my mule deer to him last nov. Reason being his my best friends wifes brother. Needless to say I still done have either. But his brother is doing all the work now to make sure all the clients he took in get taken care of. Like I said I will PM you my number and I can get you info and make sure you get take care of.

I see this like a panic on the stock market. I am sure many hunters responded to his letter and asked for their animal parts back, which reduced the work load he needs to complete. That was likely one goal of the letter -to decrease the number of active contracts he needs to finish. I think he now has less mounts to worry about and will thus be able to complete them in a timely manner. My vote is to ride it out and give him the benefit of a doubt.

/> I agree and would very quickly get your deer back and be thankful he was up front enough to give you a warning. He could've just shut the doors and walked away without looking back.

Very true! If anyone knows where I can find Kip Love with Exclusive Taxidermy from Queen Creek please let me know. I would like to pick up my first bobcat that was paid for. I'm wishful thinking but maybe someone knows where he is.

I dealt with Kip Love (I think it was called Kip Love Taxidermy) ONCE 10+ years......................Like pulling teeth......bugged him enough............kept telling him that the second half of the mount fee (don't remember how much it was) was burning a hole in my wallet and I wanted to give it to him! Finally after countless, "It will be ready next month", I got my mount!

I did get in contact with him finally. He called me which was great.

He told me all about the issues he's having right now but that he is back on track. He promised me that my deer will be done in 3-4 weeks. I may be dumb but i am allowing him to finish the work. I told him I am picking my deer up in 4 weeks whether its done or not...

I know I should have just gone and picked it up BUT if he will keep in touch with me, I will give hime the opportunity to complete his service. I will let you guys know what happens, I just hope the end of this post isn't littered with a bunch of "I told you so".. I am still a sucker for a man's hand shake I guess.

Well, I really and honestly pray you don't get burned on this... I have a gut feeling it will turn out for the best. I commend you for sticking with the same guy- sometimes all people need is a little extra trust and faith and they will come through in the end. You never really know everything people are dealing with and it sounds like this guy probably ended up with a whole lot of bad news in a short period of time. You're giving him a hand-up and some help to square things up with a customer, which speaks volumes for your character and trust in an honest hand shake and a good look in the eye. Seems like we need more of that in this crazy world. Again, I hope and pray he comes through for you- and I probably could go without saying that you should probably bug him weekly for progress updates!

• Like 1